Mulan Part 4

A/n now I am very happy to know you all love my stories and are eager to know what happens next but please don't ask me to update especially when I just added a new chapter. It starting to tick me off. If I haven't updated in like a few weeks, then yes I understand why you would want an update, but when I just upload a chapter, I really don't want the first comment to be "Update soon," or "When are you going to update?" Please respect my wishes On to the story

"Really now?" you say as you prop yourself on one elbow. "You feel like you can trust me, a woman pretending to be a man."

"It is strange isn't it. But yes, I do trust you." he says with a little laugh.

"But why?"

"I don't know. I just know I can trust you. My intuition never failed me." The two of you go to sleep soon. You and Jian Ren get closer after that. You had entered many battles and had killed many men. You fought victoriously and managed to prevent people from suspecting you of being a man. That was until one particular battle.

You had just cut down you enemy when you noticed someone sneaking up on Jian Ren. You called out to him running. When he turns and see the man, it is too late for him to defend himself. Without hesitation you jump in front of him and your chest get slashed. You feel your vision fading moments later.

When you come to, you see that people are in a heated debate. You look down and see your chest bandaged. They knew. The shouting continues until someone comes in with a sword.

"She needs to die. She committed a crime." One of your fellow soldiers say.

"She saved the Captain's life though." Another protests. They knew you were awake and yet they treated you as if you weren't even there.

"She lives." Jian Ren says quietly.

"But Captain-"

"As the crown prince you will obey my command." he orders showing the imperial crest of the emperor. You were shocked at this information. There was rumors of the first prince. The Emperor's wife had conceived four girls and one boy. His concubines had sons who were older than the crown prince. Ever since his birth though, details about him were kept secret in hopes that no one would attempt to poison or kill him.

"...Yes Captain Cai." the guard relents.

"Leave us." he says and all the guards file out. You were left alone with Jian Ren.

"I am sorry." you tell him. 

"For what? Saving me." he says kindly. "If anything, I should be thanking you. You saved my life and I will do whatever I can to save yours."

"But-"

"When you are all better, we will travel to the Capital. Because of your action, the man who hurt you, I was able to kill. He was the leader. You managed to turn the tide of war to our favor. The enemies are receding." you stay quiet and look down. He gently cups your chin. "Thank you F/n."

When you were better, Jian Ren stayed by your side when traveling and made sure no one would hurt you if they tried. You weren't sure if things were going to go okay though. You broke the law and you still had the death penalty looming over your head.

Jian Ren was confident. He was sure you were going to live. His father was understanding. Beside you saved the legitimate heir to the throne. You were fine. Jian Ren knew he was taking a risk exposing his identity. He had taken on his mother's surname to help hide his identity but he said it in a heartbeat to save you. You were a person beyond your time and he was intrigued by your ideology. Even after finding out that he was the prince, you treated him like you always have. He began thinking. Since you saved him, you would be revered as a hero. You would have status and power. Perhaps there was a chance for him to woo you over. He could just ask your father and without doubt you would be his legal wife. Even without, he could make you stay with him