Cinderella Part 4

Jonathan had told his father about the mysterious woman who ran away. After explaining the story, the king sighed. "Jonathan my son, it sounds like this woman did not want to be found. It does not even sound she intended to marry."

"How would you know Father."

"You told her who you were. If she was here to get married to a prince, she would of said yes." Jonathan became silent at that. "Now. There were plenty of other women there. Surely one of them caught your eye."

"One did, but she ran away. I am going to find her or I won't marry at all." He declares. This alarmed the king as he wanted his son to be married.

"Alright then. If you can find her, you can propose once more. If she says no, leave her be. Are we clear."

"Crystal." The very next day, Jonathan heads to the shop that was printed on the back of the wagon. He brought the slipper along with him.

"Hello." The seamstress says. When she sees that it is Jonathan, she bows her head. "Your Highness. To what do I owe the pleasure."

"You have sold dresses to girls at the ball right."

"Yes. The lots of them."

"Do you remember the one who wore this." He says showing the slipper. The seamstress wavere slightly. "So you do? Tell me her name. I need to find her."

"I apologize your Highness. I am not allowed to say any information regarding my clients."

"I am your prince."

"I am well aware of that, but even you are not above the law. She also told me not to say a word. I have to respect her wishes." Jonathan storms out of the shop angrily. He then tells the guards,

"Find every house the letters were sent to. She is in one of those houses." 

As for you, Madame Iris had begun treating you more nicely. It was subtle but you could tell. You could feel the tension dissipate and finally was able to come to an understanding. It had been a week. It was your birthday. You were now legally allowed to inherit the money your father left you. You had went to the bank and opened an account for Madame Iris and your sisters, leaving them a good portion of the money. They were going to be well provided.

You were back home when you heard a knock on the door. You open it and see Jonathan. Jonathan had went to each house himself for the past week looking for the woman. None of them were you. He had finally reached your house and when he saw you he was filled with relief.

"I found you." he hugs you tightly. You were too shocked to do anything. Madame Iris comes to see along with Rose and Lily. 

"May ask what is happening?" Madame Iris asks. Jonathan breaks the hug and explains.

"I have searched days for her. I asked if she would be my bride but she left before she gave me and answer. I never even got her name."

"I believe you are mistaken. She couldn't have been able to go. She only turned eighteen today."

"No this is her. I know it for a fact." He turns to you. "You lost this when you ran away." He presents the shoe to you and you step back. You were still shocked at the extent he took to find you.

"I am sorry." you say. "I am not who you are talking about."

"You are!" he yells. You flinch. "I know you are. Even if you aren't, I know you are the person I was destined to be with. I can feel it. Please say you will be mine."

"I can't. I am sorry."

"Why." The hurt on his face was evident and you explain. 

"I am not suited for the lifestyle you have. I want to travel the world. I am not ready for the responsibilities that come with being the wife of a crown prince." Jonathan stays silent.

"...I understand." Jonathan walks out leaving you alone with your family. The next day you pack and leave to go travel. Jonathan though, has a plan that will bring you back to him.