Peter Pan Part 1

"Promise you will come back Peter?" A twelve year old Wendy asks. 

"Before you grow up." He promises. Michael and John would probably believe it is a dream, but the promise between the two of them was real. Unfortunately, time wasn't in favor. Year 1915, the Darlings relocated in safety due to the air raids. Peter couldn't find her and Wendy grew up.

She always remembered him though and had hoped that he would find her. But then she got married and had a family years later. As of now, Peter Pan, the boy who never grew up, was left behind in the past. 

With time, she did end up moving back to London and was living in the old house she once grew up in. Her husband knew of Wendy's attachment to the house and went to great lengths to get it. It was here, her fond memories of Peter Pan resurfaced.

Her two children were ages five and seven, but she could see how entranced they were in the stories about it. Especially her youngest, F/n.

"What happened to Captain Hook?" you ask. Your mother smiles as she puts you to bed.

"Well, his hand got cut off and fed to a crocodile who swallowed a ticking clock."

"That doesn't sound very nice." you say as you rub your eyes sleepily.

"Perhaps. Now rest." You grew up hearing stories about Peter Pan, and you found them very intriguing. You and your older brother Tomas would pretend to be Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, defeating the pirates and adventuring all over Never land.

You were twelve when World War II started. With heavy hearts, your brother and you were forced to go to the countryside when the air raids began. As you got older, a certain blonde boy and little fairy, finally decided to try once more and find Wendy, unaware of how old she had gotten.

Peter went back to the house in hopes of finding her. He wasn't aware of how many years had passed, since he never grew up. He wasn't aware Wendy was older and moved away at the start of World War I. He went back to Never land, feeling betrayed.

"I kept my promise and came back Tink." Peter mumbles his complaint as he lies in his bed. How many times has he and Tinkerbell had this conversation. How many time he went back to the old house with hopes of seeing Wendy again. He gave up going there, on the night your family moved back. 

Tinkerbell watches Peter sigh for the hundredth time. She didn't want to tell him that Wendy was growing up. It was as if he was in denial about it. But this time, she had to tell him. He needed to know. Tinkerbell lets out a little jingle and Peter gets up in shock. "What do you mean she grew up?! She told me she wanted to be with me in Never land and that she never wanted to grow up." 

He gets out of bed and prepares to head back to the real world. He needed to find Wendy, and fast. He couldn't let her grow up. He had to keep his promise. How unaware he was, that Wendy, a mother of two was saying her goodbyes to her children on the railways.