Wild Swans Part 2

You no longer needed the gag to maintain your silence. The nettles made you numb to pain. Be it from stubbing your toe to cutting your finger with a knife, you no longer felt the pain. But your hands were red and slightly swollen. But it was a price you had to pay. You heard what was going on in your kingdom. Your father was able to escape the witch and as of now was preparing a war and looking for you. 

You couldn't return yet. One more shirt. Once you finish the shirt, you would be able to free your brothers and help reclaim the kingdom. It was late one night as you were working on the shirts, when your brothers burst in.

"F/n."Elias calls out. You look at him questioningly when you see how excited he is. "We found father." You begin smiling when you hear this.

"Father is aware of the circumstances and your vow of silence." David adds in when he enters alongside your other brothers. "The witch is in a tough position. More and more people are turning against her." You look at your shirt. Six months were left. You were able to make the shirts a lot more faster than before but resources were running dry. You were running out of nettles. You needed a bit more to be able to complete the sleeve. 

You grab a stick and walk outside with your brothers in tow. You draw on the ground telling them what you needed.

"I saw some nettles in the north." Florian says. "It might take a while though. We have only six months left."

"It should only take us a few weeks. F/n is almost done with the shirts anyway. We will need to work diligently." Arin states. He turns to you. "Brennan and Carter need to come with me to help father for the war campaign against the witch. David, Elias and Florian will go get the nettles. I really am sorry for having to leave you alone for so long."

You smile and hold your brother's cheek showing you didn't mind. Arin hugs you before everyone has to go after talking for a while. You go back inside and work on the shirt with the materials you had. You had spent several hours on the shirt and you noticed the sun was setting. You needed to go get some roots to make a soup with and herbs to help your marred hands.

You leave the hunting lodge. As you are walking around the streams, you hear groaning. Your first instinct was to run away. You hadn't been in contact with other people in six years. You stayed clear of them when you were walking in the forests. But what if the person groaning was seriously injured?

You walk slowly to where you heard the sounds and sure enough, there was a person who was injured. You notice their clothes were one of the finest. He didn't look like he was robbed. Had he fallen off his horse or something else. You decided to bring him with you to your home to treat him.

It was tiring and your arms were sore for having to take him with you. You treat him and make a soup with the roots you collected. With all the immediate things taken care of you, you resume making the shirt. It was late in the night when you hear the man stirring.

"Where am I?" he asks. You walk up to him and help him sit up right. "Did you save me?" he asks. You nod. You bring a bowl of soup and offer it. He takes it shakily and slowly drinks it. "Your name?" you point to your throat. "I see." the silence continues, and the man spends a month in the lodge, to recover.