Rapunzel Part 5 (End)

"What do you mean I made you love me?" you say incredulously. "I have never done anything that could of made you do so."

"That right there F/n." he says pointing at you. "Is why I love you. You are so pure and innocent. That is something this world lost a long time ago."

"I don't love you that way though. I am terrified of you. I always have been." Carter stiffens when he hears this. You were always shy around him so he never noticed you being scared.

"Then why did you let me in the tower."

"I was worried what might happen to Agatha. I didn't know what to do since this was the longest I ever been left alone. I am sorry but please leave us." Carter looks at you and Agatha before storming away angrily. Agatha turns to you.

"This won't be the end."

"What?"

"He will come back. Men like him always do."

"Then we should leave."

"We can't F/n. That will make him try even harder." She puts a hand on your shoulder. "Come inside my dear." After that, rumors begin circulating. Rumors about Agatha being a witch and you being an apprentice begin to grow. There were also stories about you being controlled by Agatha and forced to live with her though you denied it all. One day things took a turn for the worst. 

The two of you were eating dinner peacefully when your door bursted open. Men came rushing in saying things like "Burn the witch" or "kill her." They ignored you and dragged Agatha out. You chased after them and tried to prevent them from burning her.

"Stop please!" you scream trying to get close to Agatha. People held you back. "We will leave. I promise." you were crying now. "Don't kill her!" your cries were left unanswered. That night Agatha was burned at stake. You don't really remember afterwards. Your mind felt empty. It was as if you weren't really living. 

You had finished packing your satchel. You didn't want to live among others. They didn't listen to your please or even let you explain. They just killed her. You traveled all the way back to your tower and remained there. 

Carter had made sure the rumors spread. He went through all the precautions to make you seem blameless. When he came back to the village he heard you left. There was only one other place you could go. The tower.

You were braiding your hair once more when you heard shouts. Curious you look outside and see Carter. 

"Will you lower the rope for me? I heard what happened at the village. I am so sorry I couldn't prevent it." you contemplated whether or not to let down the rope but nevertheless you did. Carter climbs up.

"Why did you come find me? I want to be alone." Carter felt guilty knowing how much you cared for Agatha but she had to go. She was too wise and knowing you, you put your full trust in her and her words.

"I know it must be painful. I would of done something to prevent it if I could. I was too late." you begin crying. Carter hugs you. "Come with me F/n. You still have a family. A family who wishes to see you again." you didn't know what to say and only nod. Carter scared you still but right now as much as you don't want to admit it, he was the only person you could trust at the moment.