Memory

The sun rose high above the valley of Imladris, as the residents of Rivendell were beginning to wake up and start their daily activities.

Y/n rolled over in bed, burying her face in the crook of her husband's neck. Lindir smiled, feeling her warmth closer to him as he planted a long kiss to the top of her head.

"Y/n, it's time to wake up," he whispered softly in your ear. You groan and pull the duvet cover over your head, which elicits a laugh from the Ellon next to you. Lindir then pulls the cover over his head as well, smiling when he sees your scrunched up face.

"It's too early," you mumble. "We cannot stay in bed all day love. There are things that need to be done." You open your eyes, gazing into his chocolate gaze. "Watch me." (Pretty much adulting in general) Lindir chuckles and gets out of bed, his long hair resembling that of a birds nest. (People with long hair know what I'm Tolkien about....I'm sorry 😂) You can't help but giggle at the sight.

When your husband sees his hair, his reaction is quite different. "AHH!" You smother your laughter in the pillow behind your head. Lindir emerges from the bathroom, with a playful glare in his eyes. "I don't appreciate the laughter," he says as he walks back towards the bed, sitting on your side. You giggle, sitting up and leaning back against your pillow. "Meleth nin, I have told you before to brush your hair before bed." The Ellon rolls his eyes playfully at your remark and tucks a strand of hair behind our ear. "I don't suppose you would want to brush it for me?"

You smile and cup his face with small, delicate hands. "For you, my love, I would do anything." He smiles back and kisses your lips before pulling you out of bed.

(Time skip brought to you by coffee)

Lindir blushes as he feels you place your hand in the crook of his arm. Even after two hundred years of marriage, you still made each other blush like the elflings you were when you met. You lay your head on his shoulder as you walk around the valley, glancing up when you hear the chuckle come from your husbands lips. "What?" He looks down at you, removing his right hand from behind his back and placing it on top of yours that was settled in the crevice of his arm.

"I was just thinking of the time when we met."

"Oh? And what made you recall that tale?"

He smiles and nods towards the two elflings playing around a tree. They looked to be the same age as the two of you were when you met. You can't help but smile, recalling back some two thousand years. (Totally making that up because we don't actually know his age)

(Flashback)

"Wait for me!" Y/n cried after the elflings running around the valley. You were smaller than the other children, but just as determined to keep up with them.

Before you could reach the other children, someone caught your eye. A young boy was sitting under a tree, longing to join in on the fun. You skip over to him, h/c locks flying over your shoulders. He quickly looks back down at his book, pretending to have been reading the entire time.

"Hello!" You say to the shy elfling. You tilt your head when he doesn't respond. "I said hello!" No response from the boy. You gasp. "Maybe you cannot talk! Huh? Huh?" (If anyone grew up in the late 90s or early 2000s, please tell you've seen Land Before Time and know this reference). The boy looks up at you confused, "I can speak. I just...I just don't like speaking to new people."

"Ohh..."

The boy was only a few years older than you, judging by his appearance. His chocolate gaze matching his hair color, and his blue tunic was neatly tucked into his belt. You smiled at him and sat down next to him, which earned you a rather confused look. "What are you doing?" "Sitting next to you silly. I'm Y/n. What's your name?" You ask peering over his arm at the book, pulled up on his knees towards his chest."

"My name is Lindir...." He paused when he noticed your gaze at the book. "Would you like me to read it to you?" He asks quietly. You eagerly nod your head, and rest it on his shoulder as he begins to read the tale of Beren and Lúthien.

(End flashback)

You smile as you continue walking around Rivendell. Lindir stops suddenly, causing you to be jerked back as you had kept walking lost in thought. "What is it meleth?" You  ask, bringing your left hand up to tighten around his arm.

Lindir smiles down at you. "Do you not realize where we are standing?" You shake your head, then smile seeing the same tree you both had met under. Lindir then sits down on the ground, and you sit next to him. "If only I had known then, that some two thousand years later, I would be sitting next to my husband." You say quietly.

Lindir nods placing his head on top of yours. "I knew then that I would be sitting next to my wife." You blush and sigh contently.

"I love you Lindir."

He smiles and kisses you softly. "I love you more."