Jealousy

A/n: Haldir and the reader get to close for Lindir's comfort.

You grunt as the arrow misses the target. "Haldir this is pointless." He chuckles and releases his arrow.

Bullseye.

"Why are you so much better at this than I am?" You question as you pick up another arrow. He shrugs. "More practice. Here let me show you." He says as you miss the target again.

Haldir hands you another arrow and stands behind you. He gently nudges your feet apart more to get you better balanced. You can't help but flush with embarrassment. He large hands move to your waist, pointing you towards the target.

"Pick up the bow and arrow." He whispers gently in your ear. You nod and pull the bow string back. Haldir's large left hand encases over yours. "Relax this hand." You nod trying to relax. "Breathe in and release." He says quietly in your ear again.

Bullseye.

You gasp as you see the arrow sticking out of the center of the target. "Thank you!" You exclaim and throw your arms around his neck. Haldir smiles and hugs you back. "You're welcome Mellon."

Lindir stops when he sees you embracing the silver haired elf. "What going on here?" You and Haldir pull away quickly. "Haldir was teaching me archery." Lindir gives the other Ellon a cold glare as he marches over to you and tugs you out of Haldir's grasp. "I think you've had enough lessons for today."

You stare at the brunette elf in disbelief. Lindir never acted this way before. He was always so calm and put together, not acting like a human school boy. Haldir pulls you back towards him. "I think it would be best for Lady Y/n to decide." You look to Haldir. This can't be happening.

Lindir tugs you back to him. "No, she is coming with me for her harp lesson." You roll your eyes as you're tugged back to the brunette. "That popping sounds you're hearing, that is my shoulder." Lindir releases you immediately, gently brushing his fingers over your arms.

"I have my own rights. Now please, both of you grow up!" You exclaim and storm off back to your room. Lindir and Haldir both look at each other with surprised looks.

(Time skip to later that night brought to you by popcorn 🍿)

A soft knock echoes through your room. You stand up from your vanity and put your brush down. When you see Lindir standing there, you sigh and look down. "What do you want?" Lindir hesitantly reaches for your hand, and rubs his thumb over your knuckles.

"Can you ever forgive me for my behavior today on the field?" He asks quietly. You bring his face up to your and look into his dark chocolate eyes, giving him a small smile. "Of course I do. But why may I ask did you get so over protective?" He looks down at your entwined hands.

"I'm afraid my heart couldn't take seeing you with another." You gently cup his face and feel your heart shatter when you see the tears brimming in his eyes. You lean your forehead against his and kiss him tenderly. He kisses you back gently and breaks away after a moment.

"It has always been you meleth nin. Haldir was just teaching me how to use a bow." Lindir nods. "I know he explained everything to me." You laugh softly and wrap your arms around him. He breathes a sigh of relief as he wraps his arms around you.

"I love you my songbird. Do not ever doubt my love." You whisper against his neck. Lindir kisses the top of your head. "I don't."