Teacher

Lindir gently guided your fingers over the stringed instrument. He winced hearing you pluck the wrong chord.

"Try again."

You groan in frustration, getting up from his lap. "Lindir, this is pointless. I will never be as good as you."

The Ellon simply laughs. "Yes you will. I believe you will be even better than me. Now come, let's try again."

You sigh as you sit back down on his lap, and put your fingers back on the harp. Lindir places his hands over yours, moving them to certain strings.

You blush at the contact. Even though you had been married for a few years, he still made you blush like an elfling.

Lindir's fingers moved yours over the strings with ease. The tune was simple for him, yet you found it too complicated.

After a while, Lindir retracted his hands, letting you play by yourself. He gently placed his head on your shoulder, causing you to jump.

Lindir places a reassuring hand over yours. "It's okay. Keep going."

You nod and continue to play.

A few moments and a few wrong chords later, you had completed your first song.

Lindir sat behind you grinning. The pride was evident in his eyes.

You turned back to look at him. His grin on his face made you smile. "What?"

He kisses your nose. "Oh nothing. I'm just admiring my favorite pupil, and how well she's doing."

You blush and playfully smack his arm. "Well, I had a very good teacher. The best harp teacher in all of Rivendell I'm told."

The Ellon raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? And may I ask where you heard that rumor from?"

You shrug and wrap your arms around his neck. "Just around."

Lindir laughed. "Well, I'm glad my favorite student thinks I'm the best teacher."

"Indeed. Although, I think from now on, I will stick with singing and you can play."

Your husband nods. "I think we can do that."