Safe now part 2

Lindir opened his eyes slowly. He looked around at his surroundings. The room was dark , yet he felt safe.

Lindir sat up slowly and winced. He reached for his leg, and found it was bound. He looked around again for the Elleth who had saved him. She was no where to be seen. Lindir winced again as he tried to get up off the bed.

"I would stay still if I were you. Your leg is still healing." a voice from the door said. Lindir looked up to see the Elleth who rescued him.

You put the bundle of wood down on the floor next to the fireplace, and walk over to the bed. Lindir tenses as you sit down next to him. "How does your leg feel?" you ask gently.

Lindir sighs. "Somewhat better. Thank you." You smile at him. "You're welcome. Do you mind if I ask you a question?" Lindir shakes his head.

"No."

"Why is an elf from Rivendell all the way out here in the High Moors?"

Lindir points to his bag. "I was supposed to be gathering some rare plants."

"May I ask you something?"

You nod.

"Who are you? Why are you out here all by yourself?"

You stand up and walk over to a table that was littered with different healing herbs. Lindir could recognize all of the plants. "I was cursed by a wizard of men never to leave this forest. I have been here for many years." You answer as you grind some athelas leaves into a salve.

Lindir's eyes widen. "Y/n..."

You look at him.

"You know me?"

Lindir nods and gets up to join you at the table. "Most elves know the story of the Elleth who was cursed by the wizard. It was said that she died years ago because she was so young."

You shake your head. "I learned how to defend myself."

Lindir changes the subject. "How do I break your curse?"

You look to the elf in shock. "Why would you want to help me?"

Lindir hesitantly takes on of your hands in his. You look down at your entwined fingers, your heart was racing. "Because you helped me."

You raise an eyebrow questionably, but sigh in defeat. "I don't know..."

Lindir thinks for a moment. "I will return to Rivendell and look for a way. When I figure it out, I'm coming to get you."

You give him a little smile and kiss his cheek. "Thank you."