Kitten

Lindir smiles as he walks around the Rivendell marketplace with your son, Avorthal. The young elfling holds his Ada's hand as he looks around at the sights of Rivendell. You had gone on a journey to Mirkwood to visit a dear friend, so Lindir was in charge now.

Avorthal tugs on his father's hand. "Come on Ada!" The impatient little elfling says trying to pull the older Ellon along faster. Lindir simply chuckles as he watches the young elf struggle. "Excuse me my lord Glorfindel." Glorfindel laughs. "I remember a certain elf pulling on his Ada's hand the same way Avorthal pulls on yours."

"And that is a story for a different time Mellon." Lindir says quickly as he follows his son. Avorthal pulls his father towards a merchants stall where tiny kittens were bring sold. He grasps the wooden bars of the pen where the kittens were being kept. Lindir puts his hands on the young Ellon's shoulders.

Avorthal gazes up at his father with the same e/c eyes as yours, something he couldn't resist. Lindir sighs and crouches down next to the elfling. "Which one were you thinking about?" Avorthal thinks for a moment before pointing to a fluffy kitten with a split orange and brown face that was curled up in the corner sleeping. Lindir smiles and stands up.

"May we see that one in the corner please?" He asks the old woman. She nods and gently picks her up. "Here you go little elf. Be careful with her." Avorthal's eyes widen and he awkwardly holds the kitten. Lindir crouches down next to his son again. "Do you like her?" Avorthal nods and pets the kitten. "Do you think nana will like her?" Lindir chuckles. "I think nana will love her. Now you have to name her."

Avorthal thinks for a long moment. "Kara. Kara the fluffy." Lindir smiles and pays the merchant. "Thank you." The old woman nods and smiles. "Take good care of her now." Avorthal nods and kisses Kara's head. "I will."

Lindir leads him away from the stand and back to their home. "Y/n is going to kill me." He thought as he opened the door. Avorthal sets Kara down on the ground and she runs to find a hiding spot. "Kara wait!" He yells and follows her. Lindir sighs knowing that once you saw how happy your son was, you wouldn't want to kill him.