Why me?

Lindir sighs as he struggles with his hair. "Y/n?" He calls. You enter the bedroom with a confused look on your face. "Yes melamin?" He gives you a small pouty face and you raise an eyebrow.

"Van?" He still doesn't answer. "Lindir I can't help you if you don't answer." You say exasperated. Lindir sighs and motions to his hair.

"Could you help me?"

The annoyed look on your face melts at the sound of his soft voice. "Of course my songbird." He hands you the brush that he had been holding and you get behind him.

After a few minutes, Lindir had shut his eyes, completely under your spell. You smile knowing that your husband loved having his hair brushed. He hums in appreciation as you untangle the mess.

The soft brown hair was slowly becoming untangled, when you begin to massage his scalp. Lindir lets out a soft moan of appreciation. "Melamin you don't know how wonderful this feels." You kiss the top of his head.

"I think I know." Lindir chuckles and opens his eyes, gazing up at you lovingly. You smile at him, now running your fingers through his hair.

Lindir reaches his hand up and grabs yours, pulling you around to face him. "Did I pull to hard?" You ask concerned as you sit down next to him. The Ellon shakes his head, looking down at his fingers.

"Why me?" He asks quietly. You brush a strand of hair away from his face and tuck it behind his pointed ear. "What did you say?" He sighs and looks at you.

"Why me? Out of all the Ellons in Rivendell, you chose one who is not a warrior? Why?"

You entwine your fingers with his and bring his hand to your lips. Lindir blushes as he feels the warmth from your lips. "Lindir, what made you start thinking this?" You ask gently stroking his hand.

He shrugs. "I heard some Elleths talking when I went to the market this morning. They said they felt sorry for you since I am not a great warrior." Your eyes widen as you listen to what your husband says.

You sigh and place your head on his shoulder, kissing his jawline. "Lindir, don't listen to them. I don't need a great warrior to protect me." He sighs and leans his head on yours. "But I am not strong like they are."

"No you're not, but that's why I love you. You try to see the best in everything and everyone. You are an amazing husband and father to our children. I could not ask for anyone better."

He smiles and wraps his arms around you breathing in your floral scent. It was his favorite. "And I will always love you and protect the three of you until my last breath." He says putting his forehead against yours.

You kiss the tip of his nose. "Which I pray will never happen. Now let me show you how much I love you." Lindir smirks and pushes you back down onto the bed, kissing you passionately.

Let's just say that it was an incredible night 😏😉