Before the council of Elrond

Lindir sat amongst the elves of Rivendell, listening to Bilbo Baggins tell a tale. He had met the Hobbit years ago, and now the hobbit had returned to Rivendell.

Lindir still looked fair and young, while Bilbo had wrinkles and graying hair. The elves seemed to be enchanted by the way Bilbo told his tale, Lindir certainly was.

Out of the corner of his sharp eye, Lindir could see you walking with Lord Elrond.

You looked distressed as you discussed an important matter in hushed voices. You finally nod your head in agreement with whatever the lord was talking about.

Lindir looks back to Bilbo as you sit down next to him.

"Come with me," you whisper in his pointed ear.

Lindir glances to you confused. "My lady?"

You sigh, pulling him up on his feet to follow you. You hold his hand and lead him to a secluded area of the hidden valley.

Lindir blushes at the contact. He had always been very shy of physical contact. You start to pace once you reach your destination.

"What is it?"

"Lord Elrond has asked me to join a council."

"The one tomorrow?"

You nod. "The very one. He thinks I would be a good insight for the council."

Lindir looks at you questionably. "Why would he think that?"

You look at him, and sigh. "Do you remember when the dwarves of Erebor came here?"

Lindir shudders at the memory. "How can I forget. I still have nightmares about the mess they made, not to mention the fountain."

You giggle, seeing the look on your friend's face. "Anyway, not long after that, Lord Elrond and I went to Dol Guldur to save Mithrandir."

Lindir sits down next to you. "And because you went with him to fight after he was rescued, he thinks you're a valuable asset."

You nod. "Mithrandir thinks the same thing."

The dark haired elf wraps an arm around you. "Would you prefer if I went to the council with you?"

You look to your best friend. "Oh Lindir, I'm afraid you were summoned as well."

Lindir paled. "Well, I guess I'll be there wit you no matter what."

You laugh and kiss his cheek. "Come Mellon nin, I do believe that Bilbo is still telling stories. Let us go back to ease our minds."

Lindir laughs and follows your lead back to the Hall of Fire.