Can't help falling in love

A/n: this was played at my wedding since I'm a big Elvis fan, except I had the original version played lol. Requested by the fabulous rebelrxse . Hope you enjoy Mellon nin!!

It started off simple. A small smile or a wave. You were just elflings, being as friendly as ever.

As the two of you grew up the same thing happened. A wave, a smile, and an occasional wink. The wink always made you blush.

One day he finally had the courage to talk to you. It was a quiet day there in Imladris, birds were singing, the bees were buzzing around, and the inhabitants the elven city were out and about.

You were sitting under a tree writing a letter, when you noticed a shadow across the pages. You glance up to see who was blocking your sun, when your breath catches in your throat.

The brunette elf rubs the back of his neck, a nervous habit he had, which you thought was adorable. You smile at him.

"Hello."

"Hello...." The elf returns, "Would you mind if I join you?"

You shake your head, straightening your dress and gesturing next to you. The elf sits down. His curiosity got the best of him as he leaned over.

The two of you talk for hours under that tree. You found out that his name was Lindir, he had a mischievous little brother, and he wanted to be the right hand to Lord Elrond. The position was filled right now by your father, Glorfindel.

Eventually, you both were strolling around Rivendell. Lindir had his hands behind his back, while your hands clutched your diary to your chest. The air was filled with your melodious laugh as Lindir tells you a story of his younger days.

The two of you continued your walk to a bridge. You stand closer to the Ellon for warmth, as the cool evening air sent a chill down your spine.

Lindir smiles and wraps his arms around you, pulling your head to his chest. You sigh, feeling totally relaxed and safe in his arms.

"If we stay like this any longer, I may fall in love with you."

Lindir chuckles. "I'm afraid I've already fallen."

You look up at him in surprise. "When?"

He blushes. "When we were elflings. I remember seeing you for the first time, and thinking that you were the one I would spend the rest of my days with."

You blush at his words, and look down at your feet. "I'm afraid you do not know what you speak."

Lindir gently lifts your chin so you could look him in the eyes. "You, Y/n, are my match in every way."

You laugh, feeling a tear slide down your cheek. "And you are mine Lindir."

Lindir grins and kisses you gently. Your hands drop your diary as they go around his neck. He then sweeps you off the ground, spinning around until you're both on the ground, entangled in each other's arms.

"I don't think I'll ever stop falling in love with you." Lindir whispers.

"Shut up and kiss me lover boy." and he gladly does.