Training

A/n: I'm really tired because I had a 12 hour shift today but whatever.....here's this little gem I thought of while I was on my break...in this imagine, Lindir and the reader are young adults. In human years, they'd be in their 20s, but in elvish years, their early 100s.

Lindir sat on the bench just outside the army training grounds. He occasionally glanced up at the sounds of swords clattering, and the grunts coming from the soldiers mouth. He never fully understood why you had wanted to be a warrior, but after sixty years of friendship, he knew that you wouldn't change your mind.

He closed the book he had been reading, and decided to go and watch the training. When he arrived at camp, he walked to where Lord Elrond and Haldir stood watching. Haldir had been invited to Rivendell by Elrond for a special field training.

You were engaged in combat with both of his sons, Elladan and Elrohir. "My lord Elrond, this can't be fair. Y/n is outnumbered two to one!" he exclaimed, looking to the Lord for an answer.

Elrond simply smiled.

"Watch."

Lindir sighed and turned his gaze back to you, cringing when he saw Elladan strike you across the face with his butt of his blade. Several other elves gasped when they saw you stagger back, holding your left cheek. Elrohir glanced to his brother, wondering if they should stop when he was suddenly disarmed and on the ground.

You point your sword at the dark headed elf and he scoots back slowly.

Elladan then points his sword to you and lunges. You duck out of the way and hit him on the back with your blade. He lets out a cry and turns around swiftly. Lindir couldn't stop staring at you.

He felt a sort of pride swell through him when he saw you fight both of the twins and beat them both. He had always thought of you as more than a friend ever since he saw you with another elf. From that moment on, Lindir had sought to win his best friends heart by becoming an apprentice to Elrond.

Elladan looked at you surprised when he saw his sword lying on the ground after you had kicked it out of his hands. You stood there panting as you point the sword at him. Lindir smiles and gives a small wave to you, as you smile and wave back.

Haldir steps forward and draws his blade out of its sheath and attacks. He grunts as the sounds of steel upon steel echoes through the valley. You dodge his blow and launch your own attack. He smirks at you and launches another assault, which catches you off guard, since you had glanced up to see if your best friend was watching. Your back hits the ground hard as Haldir straddles you, his sword pointed at your throat.

"If this were a battle, you'd be dead. That's enough for today."

He says and gets off of you as you sit up. Lindir rushes to your side as the elf army starts to disperse. You wipe your forehead and sigh when you see a trickle of blood running down your hand. Lindir kneels down beside you and glances you over. "Are you injured anywhere else?" He asks worriedly. You chuckled and shake your head. "Only my pride Mellon nin."

He nods and helps you stand up. "Let's get you cleaned up." You nod and lean on his shoulder, causing him to blush as he leads you back to the last homely house.

(Time skip brought to you by the 2 red bulls I had today to stay awake)

You wince slightly as Lindir gently dabs the medicine cloth on your forehead. "Ow!" You hiss and grab his arm, causing him to jerk his arm. "I'm sorry Mellon nin, but you wouldn't let any of the other healers take care of you." He says softly as he continues to dab at the wound. You nod and sigh, relaxing slightly as Lindir's soft fingers brush across your skin.

"Thank you." You say quietly. Lindir glances into your e/c eyes and smiles. "You're welcome, melamin." He freezes when he realizes what he just called you. You look at him with wide eyes.

"What?"

"I said, 'you're welcome, melamin.'" He says quietly, looking at the floor. You gently lift his chin to look at you. "No Lindir, you're my melamin." His eyes widen as you kiss his cheek.

This was the best day of both Lindir's life and yours.