Thunderstorm: a sequel to rough day

A/n: for AThousandWishes1000 hope you enjoy it! Reader and Lindir plan their wedding, which is such a pain to do 🙄 but so worth it!

Thunder crashes across the city of Rivendell. Your eyes snap open as the bedroom illuminates with the Lightning. You turn over and see Lindir is still sound asleep.

You kiss his cheek and silently get out of bed.

Thunderstorms were your favorite thing about this time of year. The misty days, the snuggling, hot tea or coffee, a good book, comfy pajamas. It was perfect.

You make your way to the kitchen and open one of the cabinets. Thunder cracks across the sky as you bring out your favorite Disney princess mug.

Once you have selected the mug, you make your way over to where you keep the tea and coffee. You rummage through the tea bag tin before selecting Twinings French Vanilla chai tea. (if you haven't tried this, please do!!)

Lindir moves his arm to wrap around you, but when he doesn't feel you next to him he sits up and opens his eyesHe scratches the back of his head, before his eyes settle on the slightly open door. Lindir smiles when he sees you sitting on the couch.

"What are you doing up?"

You look up and smile. "Thunder woke me up. Guess I couldn't go back to sleep." You answer as Lindir comes to sit next to you. Lindir puts his head on your shoulder as you look at a case file from work. You currently have wedding plans, case files from work, (you are an intern for a law firm, and it was a case you are assisting on) and a stack of magazines spread out on the coffee table.

"What's your plan with all this?"

"Well, I'll do some work, look at wedding details, read an article, then repeat until I fall asleep." Lindir gives you a look. "Have you even started yet on the planning?"

You shake your head. "No. There's just something bothering me about this case."

Lindir leans back. "Tell me." You take a sip of your tea and proceed to explain the case. After the explanation, Lindir gives you a sympathetic look. Cases such as this, a felony murder case, were extremely stressful for you.

"I think you need to work away, and do some planning." You nod and put the case file back in your briefcase. Lindir pulls the binder onto his lap, and you lean your head on your elbow that was propped up on the back of the couch.

"Have you made the guest list yet?"

You nod and point to one of the papers sticking out of the flap. Lindir pulls it out and goes over the list. Everyone was there. "Have you figured out where you which cake flavor you want?"

"We have a tasting tomorrow with a baker downtown."

Lindir smiles. "Excellent."

The two of you continue to talk about the wedding planning, until you both fall asleep on the couch. Lindir had his arms wrapped around you, and your head was in the crook of his neck.

Outside, the rain still fell, and the thunder cracked across the sky.

A/n: for those of those who don't know, a felony murder is when someone is committing a felony, like a bank robbery, but someone dies in the process. The convicts are then charged with murder even if they didn't kill the victim. At least that's the example given in my criminal law and procedures class in college.