Late night

"I think that will be all for tonight. Thank you Lindir."

Lindir bows to Lord Elrond before heading back to his quarters.

When he opens the doors, he can't help but smile at the sight before him. There you were, lounging on chaise, with your daughter's head on your chest. Both of you were fast asleep.

Lindir tiptoed over to where you were, and places a kiss on Taneniel's forehead and a kiss on yours. Her grip on your hair tightens, causing you to wince.

You open your eyes to see if she was all right, but your eyes fall to your husband. He smiles at you, and you return it.

"What time is it?" you whisper as to not wake the sleeping elfling.

Lindir chuckles. "Very late. Lord Elrond only let me go a few minutes ago." He whispers back.

You nod and kiss the top of Taneniel's head. She stirs slightly, causing her stuffed lamb to fall to the ground.

Lindir bends down to pick up the animal. He turns it over in his hands, smiling as he remembered the day he brought it home for her.

(Flashback brought to you by espresso)

Lindir enters your quarters, hands behind his back.

"Y/n. I'm home."

"In here melamin."

Lindir smiles as he follows your voice into the nursery. You were sitting on the ground, holding Taneniel up by her hands, her little feet planted on the ground.

As soon as she sees her father, Taneniel starts to squeal with excitement. Lindir chuckles and sits down next to you, kissing you soundly.

"Hello my girls."

You pull her into your lap, kissing her cheek. Taneniel squirms to get away from you. Lindir extends his arms to the toddler, and she happily reaches for him.

Taneniel snuggles down into her father's lap, babbling about whatever. Lindir chuckles and reaches behind him. He brings out the white lamb to give to the Elleth.

You smile seeing the gift. He had been talking about getting it since you both saw it in the market while you were still pregnant.

Taneniel grabs for the animal, babbling and squealing with excitement.

"I think she likes it."

"Indeed. You made a wonderful choice my songbird."

(End flashback)

You were stroking Taneniel's hair, eyes still slightly closed. Lindir tucks the lamb under the elfling's arm. Her eyes flutter open as she feels the movement.

"Ada...."

Lindir smiles. "Hello my moon and stars. Are you ready for bed?"

Taneniel nods slowly as she lifts her arms to him. Lindir picks her up with ease, allowing you to sit up fully now. Her arms were wrapped around his neck, and her face buried in his hair.

You place a gentle kiss on her nose before you both go to her room.

Once she was asleep, you and Lindir walked to your room, ready to collapse into the fresh sheets of your bed.