Foresight part 4

Lyrath finishes his examination of you and pats your knee. Lindir stands in the corner tense. "You were right. By the end of the day, we'll have a new elfling in Rivendell." Lyrath says looking to your husband. Lindir nods as Lyrath leaves to get some towels and water.

Once he leaves the room, Lindir rushes to your side. You hold his hands and kiss him soundly. "We haven't even thought of names." He smiles nervously. You lean back against the pillow and wince. Lindir strokes your baby bump gently. "Are you all right?"

You nod. Lyrath comes back in with some towels and the midwife, Alathleth. She smiles. "Good morning lady Y/n. How are you feeling so far?" You shrug your shoulders. "I'm okay right now." She nods. "I want you to get up and go on a walk. It will help induce the labor."

Lindir gets off the bed and helps you up. You place your hand on your stomach as Lindir puts his hand on your back. You take a slow step towards the door. Lindir had his hand still on your back as you slowly left the room. You hold onto your husband's arm as you walk through the last homely house.

"Would you like to go see your father?" He asks. "Yes." He nods and leads you to your fathers chambers. You knock softly. Elrond answers the door and embraces you. "Little one....it is time isn't it?" He asks. You nod as a tear slides down your face.

Lindir stands back a little to give you and your father some space. Elrond looks to his son-in-law and smiles. "You will be wonderful parents. I have seen it." You laugh and smile at your father. "I am afraid I don't know what to do."

Your father chuckles. "You will know what to do when the time comes." You clutch your stomach, clinging to your husband as you slid down to the floor. "I think that may be sooner that we think..."

Lindir picks you up and brings you back to your chambers. Lyrath and the Alathleth look up when they see you enter. Lindir sets you down on the bed as you whimper. Alathleth grabs some towels and brings them over to the bed.

"My lords you need to leave." Lyrath says to Lindir and Elrond. "I am not leaving her." Lindir states moving to your side. You groan and hold onto his hand. He winces as you squeeze it hard.

Elrond nods and kisses your forehead before leaving. "Be strong my little one." Alathleth nods to Lindir. "My lord...." Lindir looks at you concerned, stroking your hand. You kiss him gently.

"I'll be okay." He puts his forehead against yours before leaving. "I love you so much meleth nin." You kiss his cheek. "I love you more melamin."

Lindir leaves the room and paces just outside the bedroom doors. Your shrieks and cries of pain were like daggers to his heart. Elrond sat in a chair, glancing up to his assistant. "She will be fine Lindir. She is stronger than you think."

Lindir nods. "I know that my lord, but I cannot help worrying." Another cry from the bedroom makes Lindir run to the door, desperately wanting to be with you.

Elladan and a recovered Elrohir appear in the door to your living quarters. "We heard the news. Is there any change?" Elladan asks looking to his father. Elrond shakes his head. Elrohir nudges his brother. "Oh come now Lindir, you don't want Y/n to see you this way."

Before Lindir could respond, the sound of a baby echoes through the quarters. Lindir runs into the bedroom, stopping at the doors when he sees you. You were leaning back against the pillows, holding your baby. His baby.

Elrond and his sons appear behind him. You however, did not seem to notice the Ellons standing in your doorway, as all of your attention was on your new daughter. Elladan gives Lindir a slight push out of the doorway.

The sound causes you to look up, a protective look on your face. When you see it your husband you smile. "You have a daughter, meleth nin." Lindir's mouth hangs open as he slowly approaches the bed.

"A daughter..." He repeats slowing sitting down on the bed beside you. You lean your head on his arm as he looks down at her. She had his dark hair and nose. "Lindir smiled as a tear ran down his cheek.

"She's so beautiful. My little moon and stars." He says quietly. "What will we name her?" You ask placing her in his arms. Lindir holds her delicately and thinks.

"Taneniel."

You smile and kiss her little forehead. "Hello Taneniel. I'm your nana and this is your Ada." Her eyes move between the two of you and she makes a small smile. Lindir smiles and kisses your temple.

Everything was perfect.