Rough day

A/n: huge thank you to AThousandWishes1000 for the modern AU idea lol hope you enjoy Mellon nin! Also baby Bret is adorable!

You kick off your shoes as you enter the door. "Lindir!" You call through the apartment. "In here." You hear from the bedroom. Lindir comes out into the living room and stops when he sees you're in a mood.

"You okay babe?" he asks slowly approaching you. You nod and place your blazer (blazers are my favorite thing 💕) over the chair and wrap your arms around him. Lindir seems surprised, but hugs you back.

"Sorry it's just been a bad day..." you mumble into his jacket. "Want to tell me about it?" You nod and pull away. "Let me get a shower and changed into my pajamas." Lindir nods and lets you go.

Once you're in the shower, you turn the water on as hot as it could be without feeling like the fiery pits of hell. You close your eyes and scrub the day away.

After your shower, you towel dry your hair and put your pajamas on. When you open the bedroom door, Lindir was sitting on the couch with a bottle of wine and two glasses. You smile at him as you plant yourself on the couch next to him.

"What did I do to deserve a wonderful fiancé like you?"

You ask snuggling up to him. Lindir kisses the top of your head. "Would it help if I also told you that I ordered your favorite takeout?"

You smile. "You just became even more wonderful."

A few minutes later the food arrives. Lindir pours the wine out and you grab the Chinese food. (Chinese takeout and wine is the best combo ever!) You turn on the tv and decide to watch Law and Order. (Because that's what I'm watching right now)

After the episode, Lindir turned the tv off. "So do you want to talk about your day now?" You sigh and swirl your glass of wine and take a drink. "It was just long. I got stuck in traffic, I was late for work because of the traffic, I spilled coffee on my shirt...which reminds me I need to put that in the laundry, and I started my period." (Ugh ladies you get me on this 🙄)

Lindir gives you a sympathetic look. "Do you need a hug?" You look at him shocked, then you tear up. "Yes..." Lindir chuckles as you throw yourself into his arms, sobbing. He wraps his arms around you and strokes your back.

"Shh. It's okay. Tomorrow will be better. I promise."

You look up at him. "How do you know?" He kisses you gently. "Because tomorrow is the day where I take you out for a special lunch." You laugh and kiss him back.

"You really are the best fiancé."

"I know I am."