-20 years-

For @slytheriinpurebloods , hope u like it! ❤️

-

I was 5 when my dad left my mom and me.

I blamed him for the gaping hole in my chest I was feeling ever since.

I wanted to never see his face again, yet I wanted to know what he was up to.

My father was an abusive alcoholic, a person who only cared about himself and his welness.

He earned his money by gambling and dealing drugs, but he spent it immediatly on alcohol and drugs.

I'm now 25.

And I just heard the news that my dad had died due to an overdoses.

''Babe, what is going on?'' Timmy asked as he walked in the room.

He must've heard me crying, because he immediatly came up to me and hugged me tightly.

''I-it's my dad.'' I said.

Somewhere I was angry.

At him.

Why he'd never tried to make amends, why he'd never reached out to me to explain why he did what he did.

I was angry at the fact that he had never picked up the pieces in his life, which killed him in the end.

''What about him? You haven't spoken to him in 20 years.'' Timmy said confused.

''He's dead. He overdosed.'' I said blankly.

''What?'' Timmy's eyes widened at my words and he looked at me questioning.

''I'm so sorry.'' I rolled my eyes.

''Why? He wasn't a good man and I hadn't spoken to him since he left. I'm not even sorry.'' I said, wiping away a tear angrily.

I got off the bed and walked downstairs, hitting the wall by the stairs a few times.

Timmy came walking after me, trying to calm me down.

I felt the sudden urge to just rip things apart, letting out all the anger I had suppressed these 20 years without him.

''I hate him. He treated me like crap and he never even said sorry. He was an awful human being and he deserved this.'' I screamed as I kicked the table chairs forcefully.

I in- and exhaled deeply, trying to get my breathing under control. It didn't work. I was panting like crazy and I felt like I was suffocating.

Timmy wrapped his arms around me from behind and held me tightly, leaving me no choice but to let myself go into his arms.

''It's okay. It's okay.'' He said reassuringly, brushing his hand through my hair.

His touch soothened me, calmed me down in a good way.

My breathing became even again and I felt peaceful under Timmy's touch.

''I hate him.'' I cried.

''I know. And you have every right to. It's just not necessary to waste your feelings to him.'' I nodded.

He was right, of course he was right.

But I needed to find peace, I needed the closure I never had.

And I could never get it.

Because he was dead.

''Maybe you need to write him a letter, which you burn after you're done writing.'' Timmy suggested.

I nodded questionable.

Maybe that was a good idea.

So I wrote the letter, saying how much I wanted to forgive him for his actions but that I couldn't. Saying that I was angry and sad he'd never tried to make things up with me and my mom. Saying that I wasn't going to waste my feelings and time anymore thinking about him.

And I helped.

It relieved.

Knowing that he may had seen the words I'd written.

I had found peace again.

-

Wow, this one was really intense to write. If you're going through something like this, don't suppress your feelings, because you have every right to be angry and sad.

Please VOTE if you liked and COMMENT what you think!

Requests are always open.