-How Deep Is Your Love-

Was it annoying I always had a smart mouth and perfect comeback to anyone who wanted to get me? Absolutely

Was it annoying I always had a smart mouth and perfect comeback to anyone who wanted to get me? Absolutely. Did it drive people people away which resulted into me being a complete loner? Hell yes. Did I mind? I'd not have it any other way.

I'd always been fond of my own space and doing things the way I wanted to. The friends I surrounded myself with all resembled that, but because of my authenticity, that number of friends wasn't very high.

I didn't mind, though. I could always rely on them and they were there whenever I needed it. I loved them dearly and they loved me too.

But it was mostly in the love department I just couldn't quite get something done. Because of certain trust issues, I used playing hard to get as a defence mechanism, but also because I just really didn't know how to act around guys.

Though I'd never taken much interest in guys, there was one who had caught my eye a few times. He was tall, not too broadly built and his face was like it was carved by the gods themselves. Timothée Chalamet wasn't your typical pretty guy. His ego wasn't large; he was a genuine nice guy and who everyone seemed to adore, which made it even worse.

He could have everyone he wanted, so why would he choose me? Yet, every time our gazes met, he would show me the biggest smile, sending me into overdrive. He'd even gone as far as to talk to me at lunch period. Naturally, I acted like a complete fool, so the sarcastic comments were my only way to save myself.

After that, he just kind of kept his distance, much to my dismay. But I knew I'd fucked, so it was my fault and I couldn't complain.

Still, I wanted to get his attention again. I just didn't know how.

''Maybe you should just ask him out.'' My friend stated. Yeah, as if it was that easy. She was very outgoing and everyone in school always seemed to want to be friends with her. She also happened to be friends with Timmy, but she refused to ask him for me. She wanted me to do it myself, which I kind of understood, but still found quite annoying.

''Ugh, seriously? As if I could do that. I'd probably end up being rude to him anyway. Can't you just do it for me? Or at least say something about me?'' She chuckled and shook her head.

''Honey, you know my opinion. If you want him, you'll have to it yourself. Why don't you come to the party on Friday? We can chat with him and you could show him that you're an awesome person. He's gonna love you, you just gotta find the courage to actually take that step.'' Oh yeah, the party everyone at school was talking about. She got invited, I didn't. She was bugging me to come anyway, but I knew I wasn't wanted there so I'd kindly refused her invitation.

''I'm not going to the party. Period.''

''You're no fun. Seriously, you need to loosen up and just have fun for once. We don't even have to drink. Let's just go and have a good time. Well ask the others too.'' I thought about it for a few moments. What was the worst that could happen, right?