1.21 Summer Dream at Lotus House (2)

The greeting young servant - who was more than a head shorter compared to the very-straightly-standing Zhen BuFeng - nervously requested again while glancing at his spear,

"Um, this humble servant is terribly sorry, but weapons are not permitted inside the Lian tea-house... ."

To which, BuFeng just gave him a calm but cold penetrating gaze that almost made the poor servant peed his pants

The Crown Prince chuckled, "Just let BuFeng be, little guy. He will never part with that spear."

Another older servant, noticing the personages still standing at the gates, hurriedly ran over and shooed the young servant away,

"This humble one is terribly sorry. That person is only recently employed by the Lian House. Please let this humble one take Your Highnesses to your seats."

The Crown Prince swung the fan in his left hand to open it. Then he started swaying it slowly in a carefree manner while hiding his smile behind the swaying fan.

"No harm done. No harm done."

As they walked inside the gate along the path, they nodded slightly at the noble youths before being led to a separate area by the older servant. Obviously, for the Imperial Sons' entourage, the seating must be separate and quite special from the rest of the guests. Chao HuiBo, Chao MeiHua, and their friends could hear the Princes chatting as they walked past and further away,

"Third Brother has not seen his little fiancee for quite a while now. I wonder if she is still as lovable as she used to be almost 4 years ago.", the Crown Prince said teasingly.

"Eldest Brother, don't jest," Prince GuoFu politely replied.

"I am sure Young Miss LanBai has grown to be quite a beauty now," Prince JunLi also smiled towards his younger brother, then gesturing towards the crowd at the tea-house "I mean look at how everyone has come to see her."

"Ah, but Master HeShan and Master SunChen are the ones behind this event," Prince GuoFu countered.

"True," Crown Prince KongJing nodded, "Then, who do you think the other rumoured 'young lady from the Ji family' is?"

Prince GuoFu brought his hands to his chin, contemplating, "I am not sure, but may it be Miss Bai YuLan?"

At the mention of her name, Zhang GuoFu's mind went back to that night years ago, where he first met her when she was unconscious and drenched in her own blood - her small frame so light and fragile in his arms.

"Definitely Miss YuLan," Zhen BuFeng, who had been silent all this time chimed in.

"True," Prince KongJing's smile became wider, almost turning into a grin, "That girl is quite special."

As they walked further away and could no longer be heard, the noble youths who were still standing exchanged confused glances.

"Is there an accomplished young lady by the name of Bai YuLan?"