1.23 A Mess Unintended

"He is still at the Eastern Desert, right?", Prince GuoFu turned to ask BuFeng. If anyone would know the situation of Da Lang's constantly turbulent neighbours, it was the young vice-commander of the Wolf army. The latter nodded. Zhen BuFeng himself was not a stranger to leaving Da Lang for a long period of time, but the Eastern Desert's situation had been getting out of hand lately. The elusive Dong tribe leader – who was the core operation of the tribe's insurgence – and his core factions were never found despite several definite leads.

Somehow BuFeng was glad that he was not the one assigned to the eastern regions. He would much rather confront his enemies head-to-head than having to play stealth.

At this point, the three performers had finished their second song, and not long after, the Lian house was deafened with enthusiastic claps, excited laughter, even some whistles giving appreciation to their performance. SunChen then came into view with a smile. The two young maids who were initially waiting behind the pavilion also went towards the two qin players who then handed their zithers to each maid to carry.

Afterwards, the four performers bowed together towards the audience across and around the pavilion. Then they retreated together, HeShan and SunChen each leading in front and behind the two girls walking together. The guests were still clapping enthusiastically, only to realize that with only two pieces of music performed, the performance had ended. There was unwillingness to leave as they still stubbornly sitting on their seats. Then each table's attending servant from the Lian house said to the guests they were in charge with;

"Master HeShan, Master SunChen, and the two young ladies from Ji estate will stay for a while inside the Peony pavilion. They are willing to exchange pointers and their knowledge with esteemed guests."

There was chaos as a sudden multitude of people now tried to beat each other to reach the Peony Pavilion.

Peony Pavilion was aptly named due to the various colorful Peony trees densely planted surrounding a quaint wooden structure

Peony Pavilion was aptly named due to the various colorful Peony trees densely planted surrounding a quaint wooden structure. It was not the biggest pavilion in Lian house, but usually it would be enough to house several tens of people together –

-- if in an orderly manner.

What Lian house did not expect was that day's act being extremely popular – despite only having performed two musical scores.

There were several paths towards the Peony Pavilion, connecting all the smaller pavilions where the guests were seated, but all these smaller paths eventually merge into a slightly bigger bridge over the lotus pond. At the end of the bridge, a man-made small island housed the Peony Pavilion. The announcing Lian house's servants did not expect the guests would be very passionate in 'exchanging pointers and knowledge' that their butts practically flew off their cushions as they made their ways towards the Pavilion. So YuLan's group and the stampeding guests happened to coincide at the fork of this intersection, right at the bridge.