1.94 Letters For You

On the last day of summer, which could very well be the densest of a typical day in autumn – due to the day-long rainfall -, Yong house was packed to the brim.

All three segments of the house structures were opened, any removable walls were set aside. The arrangement inspired for a decently expansive hall, shaped in a form of a horse-shoe. There was no other way, as the outdoor garden and the pavilion were drenched in the never-ending downpour.

Despite the weather, people had been travelling from Hun'ang; merchants en-route also stopped by, to spend a day-long closing celebration.

The much loved tea-house would be closed indefinitely by its proprietress. The young maiden that everyone had grown attached to – be it through her music, or her delectable and delicious creations – decided to move to the Northern Plains.

For some of the Northern Plains merchants, they knew the reason behind it, and were more than ecstatic of her decision, which had already been long-awaited by their tribes back home.

That day, everyone was spoiled by never-ending food buffet, and back-to-back performances by Bai YuLan, HeShan, and SunChen, as well as an unfamiliar man, who turned out to be an adept qin player as well.

In fact, everyone could almost see the sparks visible and the feelings exchanged, when Bai YuLan and the man sat across each other - barely a few feet apart -, strumming their zithers and stealing glances every once in while towards one another

The female performer had her head lowered down, but the subtle glances she did - just slightly hidden from beneath her eyelashes - caused the male performer to flash her a smile. It was one full of adoration and worship, that the guests could not help but feel to be third wheels.

Even Qian FanSheng – who decided to attend Yong house' last day of business, albeit being monitored closely by the two guards and the occupants of the house – had to swallow his bitterness at the blatant display of affection between the two qin performers.

Nevertheless, after the merry celebration and a day-long fulfilment of the belly and soul, from that day onwards, Yong tea-house was permanently closed.