1.24 Familiar Faces

There was a collective sigh of sudden relief all around. Prince KongJing had now started to sway his fan again - concealing a smile behind his fan - but Prince JunLi could feel the cold air still coming off his eldest brother's figure. Prince KongJing's voice was low and relaxed, but his tone was icy,

"Lian house's hospitality is astounding and has definitely given a fresh view to this Prince's eyes," He calmly said to the senior worker who were leading his group, the one who was very aware of their identities. The old man just kept his back deeply bowed, not daring to quip a single sound.

"This Prince wants everyone who had just offended my third brother's fiancee's family to compensate her.", he did not mention Bai YuLan's or Ji LanBai's name in particular. After all, for that day, the two qin players were introduced as both hailing from the famed Ji estate.

It was enough to imply the threat behind it, as well as reminding - or letting know - everyone that one of the qin players would marry into the Imperial Family in the future. Besides, everyone saw how all three Princes earlier took off their own robes to presumably protect the fallen young lady's virtue. Regardless which one of the qin players would be the Yong Prince's wangfei in the future, they should not and would not take any chances to offend any of them.

"As for the ones directly responsible for this............... mess --," Prince KongJing's drawled his last word, his eyes darted and lingered longer at the now cowering personal servants of the nobles who were earlier crowding,

"And the households behind it....," He now shifted his gaze to look coldly towards the actual masters and nobles observing from a safe distance. Their backs were now covered in cold sweat despite the summer heat. Prince KongJing then turned to smile leisurely at the old senior worker of Lian house,

"This Prince believes it is for Lian house's best interest to not be associated with such.... rogues in the future."

The Masters of the servants who had accidentally pushed YuLan and Xiao Hui into the pond paled. From the Crown Prince's speech just now, it was clear that he requested that Lian house would ban them from ever coming again. This meant lost connections to various scholars, martial artists, nobles, and many other important figures who had always treated Lian house as their important hub.

Worse, although all their servants did was to accidentally push a couple of seemingly unimportant people and a qin player from the Ji family, why did the Imperial Sons act like they were the one who were personally offended?

"This humble one understands," The old man said, still not daring to lift his head up, "Lian house can only apologize for the offence. In the meanwhile, may this humble one trouble Your Highnesses and Young Misses to recuperate from this unfortunate incident."

He added, "We have a small inner residence for the Young Misses to freshen up."

Noticing the protective barrier of the three Princes, the two famed scholars, the Ji guards, and young Zhen vice-commander standing in front of the two qin players, he could only try to placate their anger and disappointment today's incident had caused.

It went without doubt that there was not going to be personal sessions of 'sharing pointers and knowledge' that day. Herding the drenched YuLan and Xiao Hui away, they followed the old man towards a usually off-limit area of Lian house.

Away from everyone; still sitting at their own original assigned seats, Chao HuiBo, Chao MeiHua, and their noble friends watched from afar. Regardless how impressed they were with the performance earlier, it was beneath their standing or dignity to stampede along with the other guests towards the Peony Pavilion. But they certainly did not expect that the Imperial Sons and the young vice-commander of the Wolf army would also stick their noses to the affair.