1.69 Life Like a Dream (2)

What was Mia Simmons good at?

She could mention a few, but the most she was proud of, was probably her knack in the business world.

What was Bai YuLan good at? 

A few things that she had inherited from her past life as Mia Simmons, and some other things she had learnt to love as Bai YuLan:

Playing guqin and erhu was one; and in her spare time, she also liked to bake. After all, growing up in Ji house, she had baked quite often to please her little china doll - Ji LanBai.

So she decided to combine everything that she was good at.

With JingMo's permission, she told her companions of her intention to open a tea-house. The house used to be a restaurant, so she already had all the space she needed, as well as an adequate kitchen. The pavilion behind the house was also perfect for outdoor setting, if the customers ever wanted to enjoy her baked morsels and some tea outside. 

JingMo was not concerned about how she wanted to use his old house as. He always stressed again and again, that the house was hers as it was his.

For JingMo who had already treated YuLan as his own tribe's member, and hence akin to his own sister, he was more than happy to assist in every way he could. Not only that, his future wife - Xiao Hui - regarded YuLan very highly as well. For JingMo, if YuLan really turned out to be the late Princess JingSu's daughter, then that would be the perfect outcome.

----------------

YuLan and Xiao Hui, along with SunChen and HeShan, began to make multiple trips to the border town of Hun'ang. There, they tried to get familiar with the streets, the type of people living, the type of people passing through.

The town was bustling. There were a lot of vendors and merchants who set up temporary shops; there were also a lot of Hun'ang own residents who did their own trade - selling anything from food, pottery, fabric, and anything people would ever want or need in their lives.

However, YuLan noted, all the things sold and traded were mostly practical, and hardly pleasing to look at. Food items were basic, snacks looked unappetizing. 

Hun'ang, after all, was a hub town. People came for business, not leisure.

But she found one item that she had never seen in Da Lang. Her eyes brightened when she saw it:

Butter. It was much less refined and the color more pale than what she was used to, but it was undoubtedly butter.

And there was also milk in abundance. Even back in wealthy Ji household, milk was considered quite a luxury.

Farmers from the Northern Plains had brought them to be sold or traded.

They were quite expensive in normal market's standard, but YuLan purchased them regardless. The farmers that normally could not sell all of their supplies and had to let the milk and butter gone to waste, had the goddess of fortune smiling at them that day.

A goddess of fortune named Bai YuLan, who practically bought all butter and milk they had on offer.

From other vendors, she also purchased myriad of different tea, herbs, and flowers; as well as flour, honey, eggs; pans, molds, and a few other things she could think of she would need to bake.

As soon as she went back to JingMo's house - now also her residence - she experimented with her baking skill.

There was no electric mixer still, but now she was older, she could do her own whipping. 

And who would have known, HeShan was actually quite skilled in whipping egg-whites as well, that YuLan could share the burden.

As for Xiao Hui and the other men? They were useless. YuLan was just glad finally they stayed away from the kitchen. Otherwise, they would probably blow up their current residence.