1.68 Life Like a Dream (1)

Meanwhile in Da Lang.

In particular, at a quaint elegant residence that had a wooden signage on top of its twin gates, with bold characters that read,

[Eternal Brush Wu]

The estate - belonging to one of the most revered and highly sought-after master scholars - was usually quiet and peaceful.

But this time, there seemed to be some sort of chaotic event happening behind the closed gates. People could hear screams and if they listened carefully - mournful wailing of an old man.

Soon, a eunuch - who curious onlookers could see that he belonged to the Imperial Palace, from his immaculate and uniquely designed garment - was seen running out of the front gates that suddenly was opened with a loud banging sound. The eunuch almost tripped as he stumbled over the gate, but he soon regained his composure and turned his back, holding onto the edict that he had brought from the palace.

However, his words were stuck in his throat as he saw the master of the house - the eloquent elegant master teacher Wu DanShao - stood guard just behind his estate's gates.

With a broom in his hand.

"Master Wu," the eunuch winced. Earlier, he had been smacked and shooed with the very same broom. It was very humiliating for him - as a eunuch that reported directly to Emperor Zhang,

"Please don't be unreasonable. It is a great honor to be personally requested by His Majesty The Emperor to ... ," he paused as he tried to find the right word to use, " - enlighten his highly venerated guest."

"Highly venerated guest?", Wu DanShao flailed the broom around his head, "VENERATED GUEST???"

Liu YangHuan was standing a safe distance away behind his friend, lest he also became victim of the Elegant Brush Wu's wrath.

The eunuch refused to back away,

"That is correct. King JingHan is the strongest tribal warrior of the Northern Plains, currently visiting our proud Da Lang because of his personal connection to His Majesty The Emperor. He is an important personage."

"Master Wu should be delighted to have been given the chance to educate King JingHan in the way of speech and in our language. It will only benefit both parties as His Majesty intends to strengthen our Zhang Empire's bond with -."

He ducked his head as there was suddenly a bunch of straws flying his way - loose from the broom - as Wu DanShao swung it with vengeance at his direction.

"KING? King, my smooth white %$!**#%@!!!!!" (1) - Wu DanShao bellowed.

The commotion made the onlookers balked, as they whispered with each other,

"Who is this disheveled old man?"

"He has massive dark bags under his eyes..."

"Is he really master scholar Wu? It can't be him, right? The way he is swearing, it will make a flower wilt."

Liu YangHuan, who could hear the unsympathetic whispers that could be horribly detrimental for his friend's prestige, quickly walked forward as he patted his friend's heaving back soothingly. He let out a loud sigh as he started to close the front gate, right in front of the eunuch's nose.

"Dear gong-gong," Liu YangHuan said, despite the eunuch's protests, who still wanted to pass the edict in his hands to Wu DanShao,

"Please tell His Majesty, that Master Wu cannot receive his trust and deeply apologize for it. Master Wu has tried his best to -," he scrunched his long white eyebrows, "- enlighten King JingHan in the way of speech and culture."