1.25 Wisdom

"GuoFu-ge, for what reason have you come to Lian house?", Ji LanBai asked, while absentmindedly running her fingers on her guqin that Xiao Lin had handed to her. She loved the smoothness of the zither's body.

Prince GuoFu felt amused looking at her,

"There's a bit of state matter Elder Brothers and I had to look into," he glanced at Prince KongJing and Prince JunLi, "It seems that it is just another wasted trip... ."

The Crown Prince sighed, "Third Brother is right. We need to discuss this matter with Minister Chao when we get back to the capital."

"It is not totally wasted though," Prince JunLi smiled, "We had the luck to see Miss LanBai and Miss YuLan performing so beautifully," He turned his head, nodding at HeShan and SunChen, "He-laoshi and Sun-laoshi truly have eyes to find pearls."

HeShan and SunChen, despite being some years older than the three Princes, could obviously not just take credits from a Prince without humbling themselves. They stood up to bow,

"Not at all. Talents have to be nurtured. Especially ones such as this humble one's students," HeShan said, still bowing his head.

One of the two Ji estate guards who were initially guarding the building entrance walked into the room and cupped his fists in salutation,

"The Young Master and Young Miss Chao from the Ministry of Finance have requested for an audience,"

The Crown Prince slapped his fan against his fan, "How could I have forgotten! We saw Minister Chao's son and daughter earlier, didn't we.", he smiled, "A good chance to know their idea about our issue at this time? Surely Minister Chao had at one point discussed about this with Chao HuiBo?"

He waved to the guard, "Let them come in."

Not long after, Chao HuiBo and Chao MeiHua walked inside and greeted the Princes. Chao MeiHua then transparently fixated her passionate gaze at SunChen which made his back dripping with cold sweat. 

The Chao siblings initially only intended to greet the Princes before heading back to the capital city of Da Lang. As their father was an important figure in the Imperial Court, they had to be courteous to the Imperial Sons, especially when they had seen each other before. Their other friends from lower ranking officials who had come with them would be waiting outside Lian house.

"Young Master Chao," The Crown Prince beckoned him to come and patted a cushion across him, "Sit!"

Chao HuiBo stared at the cushion, the floor, then at the perfectly empty chairs by the wall in the room, then at the still smiling Crown Prince. He sighed inwardly and proceeded to sit at the provided spot. This Crown Prince was truly eccentric.

Xiao Lin and Xiao Hui poured some tea for the new guests before retreating behind Ji LanBai and Bai YuLan. 

Chao HuiBo looked at the two young girls - one in light violet robe who was undoubtedly one of the qin players before. Her face was now unveiled, revealing the stunning features of a budding young woman. From the way she was conversing quite animatedly with the Yong Prince - Prince GuoFu - she should be General Ji's daughter - Miss Ji LanBai.

But the other young girl sitting besides her - who was now wearing a very plain uniform of Lian house' servant, --

-- "Is she truly the same girl who let out that beautiful ethereal-like voice earlier?"

Ji LanBai was beautiful - Chao HuiBo admitted; but his own sister - Chao MeiHua - was also one of the famous young beauties of Zhang Empire. MeiHua's attractiveness was in no way inferior to Ji LanBai's.