- 2 -

A couple weeks started to pass by and I started to actually get more and more into my classes. More studying I did in between shifts at the coffee shop. I haven't even went to a frat party unlike Shawn who went almost every Friday. He should've become a frat boy but I knew he didn't like that sort of label. He stuck around with me on Sundays just to watch our Friends marathon. He literally was one of my best friends now and I couldn't be more grateful for him.

"What even is this bullshit class?" I sighed deeply as I flipped open the only textbook I could afford at the moment.

"I don't wanna be in this shit industry you know? I don't wanna learn even more math I just wanna fucking write! Goddamn it!" I yelled in the safety of the empty coffee shop and I heard Dinah laugh in the back.

"I thought math was your favorite subject?" Ashlee shot back and I sighed in distress.

"Not anymore it isn't.." I rubbed my head tiredly, "I mean in high school, yeah, but ugh."

"Can someone else please do my work? I'm tired." I pouted and they all fake laughed.

"No, fuck off Janet." Austin spoke loudly and I laughed knowing the video he was referencing.

"Then help? Please." I batted my eyelashes and they stocked the shelves with the new decorations.

"We're good." Hailee counted the money before placing it into the bag.

"I gotta get back to my dorm, I have a party to attend tonight. I can't wait to drink something other than this toxic waste."

"Just to drink some more toxic waste?" I questioned and Hailee smiled softly.

"Yes, baby C that's exactly what I'm gonna do and I'm gonna have the time of my life." She sighed happily before zipping up the bag and walking to the back to put it in the safe in the break room.

"Great.. amazing.. can you like save me a drink-" I then cut myself off with a loud over dramatic laugh.

"See I crack myself up, I'm such a lightweight I don't need to drink." I chuckled and slapped the table in front of me before grabbing the textbook.

"I'm just gonna slam my head into this book now and hope it kills me on impact." I smiled tightly and Ashlee laughed as she finished wiping down the tables.

"I would stay with you Mila but I'm tired as fuck and I don't like to sweat and I have been... all day." Dinah grimaced and patted my shoulder while Ashlee and Austin were already out the door.

"See yah cutie." Austin yelled and I rolled my eyes before turning back to the math book.

"I'll lock up guys, I need one more coffee."

"It comes out of your check Cabello!" Hailee smiled and I hummed already knowing that.

"Have a good night guys!" I chuckled and watched them leave one by one.

I then highlighted a note I needed to know before writing it down in my notebook. I was hella good at notes and I could finally concentrate on myself. Especially the nice smell of coffee beans and the homey environment of this shop put me in the mood. I loved coffee shops so much they were really underrated. Today was shitty  enough since I had to study but that damn girl didn't show up today. She usually comes in all the time around the same time but not today and it somehow made my day worse.

Studying wasn't the best, I hated that shit, I was good at it and taking notes but it was shitty. But whatever, as long as it got me somewhere in this world. But before I could get to another shit chapter of this textbook the bell chimed.