- 50 -

"I'm gonna get ready- hey, mama, do I still have some clothes here?" Sophia asked Y/N's mom as Anthony took out another beer from the fridge.

"Want one?" He asked me but I just declined as my heart was literally aching with every thought I had about Sophia.

They were really close from the stories I heard about over the past fucking four hours. The entire family was close to Sophia and I felt like the biggest ass in this house. I kinda felt as if I was just some other girl in Y/N's life- that was until she came home. When I saw her eyes focus on me right after noticing Sophia I knew she was reading me like the back of her hand.

She really, really loved me and I didn't know what to do with this information. Y/N was the person that made everything make sense in the world. She made it easy for me to keep going on and to love so effortlessly. Maybe I did lie when I said I didn't get jealous... but I had such a sensitive heart. This woman, her ex, was so flawless and had perfect teeth and literally had abs. I was naturally skinny but I still had some pudge to my tummy and the more detail I noticed of Y/N's ex the more distant I became.

I wasn't normally this insecure but I was such in a vulnerable state where I didn't have anywhere to go. I couldn't run away exactly and I definitely didn't wanna ruin any other chance I had to impress the family if I hid in Y/N's room the entire time she was gone. So, I stayed, listening to Sophia catch up with Jess, Sam, and Y/N's mom. I was asked a couple questions but it was always a short answer. I was so uncomfortable and had no idea what the fuck to do.

When Y/N came home it was like instant sunshine and warmth, that was until I saw how tired and worn out she looked. I wanted to ask but I was still in a physical state of being distant. My body moved with the group as if I was a robot and when she wrapped her arms around me in the kitchen... I just melted away. All that stress in my head just somehow dissipated for that very moment. It was honestly magic.

All that confidence she gave back to me shot through me when I heard how the boys were starting to hit a nerve with Y/N. Something had happened on the trip and I saw it physically. So, if they pushed her to a point I knew she'd snap even if she was a calm person for the most part. I decided in the split second to speak up for her and the way her eyes thanked me made it all worth it. I didn't care if it was an open door to let Anthony get snippy with me; as long as Y/N was okay and smiling.

I didn't see her ex girlfriend say anything and supposedly she was the person who helped the most with all of that in the past. Didn't mean they couldn't still be friends. I knew some closure needed to happen if the story that kept coming up was that Y/N and Sophia were in a huge fight the day Y/N left for college. They left on bad terms so I knew as a person that a talk was gonna happen sometime before we left the state tomorrow.

"I think so... check the garage." Y/N's mom answered and I looked over who was in the room.

Soon enough Sophia pushed off of the counter with a smile to go look for her older clothes. I quickly noticed Antonio and Anthony daring each other to shotgun the beer can while mom was making a thanksgiving dessert. I peeled away as well to find my girlfriend and silently walked into the hall. Her dad wasn't in the house and I hoped Sophia would take longer than ten minutes to look.

I slipped into the bathroom and locked it just in case and looked over to her to see her leaning against the counter. Water dripping down her face and her black long tee scrunched up at her elbows. Her eyebrows also scrunching up in confusion when she saw me,

"You okay?" She asked me and I nodded with a deep breath.

"Yeah... I just..." I then shrugged as she gave me a small smile and leaned up to press her back against the wall, "Your ex is really pretty." I commented even though it wasn't even the root of my problem.