- 39 -

"Don't you fucking dare-"

"Camila!" Y/N screamed loudly as I playfully ran and pushed her harshly.

Her body flew back slightly and she caught a little air as she fell back into the water. I laughed deeply as the hot sun shined down on us. My sunglasses perched on top of my head now that I flipped them up there. Y/N groaned to herself as she let herself float on top of the water.

Her dumb self acted dead which only caused me to start running to her. My legs slowing down each time they went deeper into the water. It splashed wildly causing Y/N to flinch and slightly sink. She giggled deeply as she quickly grabbed my waist just to quickly peck my lips.

I held the sunglasses in my hand so I wouldn't lose them and as she kissed my lips she tilted me into the water. My scream was cut off when I was submerged with water and I felt Y/N drop me completely. She swam away to an ever deeper area of the Washington Lake and I tried my best not to draw any attention to us. I hated when I caught stares but I still dove after Y/N's legs.

I heard a couple laughs as Y/N squeaked as she tried to paddle away faster. I breathed heavily as I laughed loudly while I finally just stayed in one spot. I watched her freak out as she continued to paddle away. I tried to whistle after her and when she turned her head she finally realized I wasn't coming after her anymore. I chuckled deeply as I leaned back so I'd float like she did.

I closed my eyes and smirked to myself as I felt her presence getting closer and closer. I heard children in the background screaming and lots of chatter. It was packed but it was nothing like Miami Beach. We had spent the last two days here and trying to explore as much of Seattle as we could. Her internship was ending within the next two days and we had to go back to Portland before classes started up again.

After the dumb argument we had she drove me to the Hamilton Viewpoint park and it just reminded me how in love I was. We finally talked it out throughly and I knew I was overreacting with the jealousy thing. Jasmine is a beautiful girl and I knew her enough that she too wouldn't do anything to or with Y/N. While Y/N would never in her life be unfaithful to me and I truly believed that.

Attraction didn't mean anything because we could be attracted to anyone we wanted to. It wasn't like we'd act out and feel romantically inclined to them. I understood that, I really did, I just didn't like the way I saw her eyes advert from me to someone else. She understood that too. We both recognized our wrong doings and actions and worked it out. Quite easily when it was just us and had no pride in the way.

She is the love of my life and I knew that in the pit of my stomach but I didn't share that with her. It was for me to know and I knew it wasn't the raging hormones. It was this very weird feeling that washed over me when she fell asleep against my shoulder. After the calm conversation about us, the past, and the Jasmine jealousy incident. As I watched the skyline and felt her soft steady breaths against my neck, I got it.

It wasn't like some movie moment or I felt some shocks or tingles I just felt this very calming sense. It was more like an idea, a very good idea and I could see it unfolding right in front of me. In two months it would be a year since our first date and in one month it would be the first time I saw her. That feeling of crushing on her was still very much there and it was somehow a constant reminder.

I was more gentle with her now and I really didn't know why, our souls were intertwined. Not just our bodies. I was almost convinced that no one had felt this good before. I was experiencing a whole new type of love and I knew in my heart we were going to grow old together.

"Don't freak out." She whispered but I didn't at all, I didn't even flinch.

I knew her presence and I knew how safe I felt in it, I opened my eyes as her hands softly pressed against my back. Keeping me afloat and I smiled softly, "Hi." I hummed feeling the sun warming us up.