- 24 -

"Kaki! Oh my gosh, I got what I wanted!" My little sister screamed while she started to scoot back against the tiled floor.

"Relax." I giggled as I clapped with her.

"Next one is for mama." I smiled to myself as I gave her, her gift that I had gotten.

It was later in the morning about to be noon, after getting all the groceries we all stayed up later than usual. Just to watch a rerun of the soap opera that I had missed out on. I hadn't had much time to watch tv and it made me feel so much better from being away from Y/N. This was my true home and I missed it so much.

When Sofia had fallen asleep on the couch us three maneuvered her back into her room. When she was dead asleep we all rushed to the kitchen to eat some of the cookies. That was one main key of keeping Santa alive and I was a strong believer of feeding myself. The one on one time with my parents made me feel deep anxiety knowing I had to leave soon. It would be a long while until I saw them again.

"Karla." She trailed off and she gasped lightly when she opened up her gift.

I could only get a couple things since I didn't have a lot of money, I was gonna be thirty dollars short the time I get back to Portland. I would probably be a little late for rent but I knew I'd just have to work double shifts.

"How'd you even get this?!" She gasped as she held the necklace delicately.

I giggled as I liked the way my heart swelled at her reaction, "I worked a lot. That's why I wasn't answering on time."

"I love it, Camilita." She smiled softly and I looked back at Sofia where she was discreetly cutting a gift up with her fingernail.

"Dad.." I happily smiled as I grabbed his own gift.

"Your watch keeps dying and I think it was time for you get a new one." I spoke when he opened it completely and his eyes almost bugged out.

"This is really expensive.. Camila-"

"Shh, look at all the stuff you bought for us. This is nothing, I finally have my own money source." I happily cheesed and grabbed the gift Sofia was picking at.

"Sofia." I softly hissed and she looked up at me with big brown eyes.

Then I glanced down where I secretly set up my phone under the tree. Y/N was with Donovan and Samantha at a small diner nearby her apartment. We had been on FaceTime since last night, I really liked sleeping next to her. I saw an actual future with her and I couldn't wait to see what tomorrow had in store for us.

Then I caught her look into the camera and she smiled at me causing me to bite my lip. My heart fluttered deeply while Sofia snatched the present she was fiddling with beforehand. As my dad handed out the next round of presents I couldn't help but get too deep into my head.

I couldn't wait to look to my side one day and have Y/N here with me. While I give her a present that I got her with my parents watching. I wanted her to be a regular family member- even though I knew she'd be awkward. She didn't like meeting new people all that often. Especially my family, my family was big and loud.

Oh my God, what if we had kids?

"Camila." I heard my mom clap her hands and I looked down at my still wrapped gift.

"Sorry." I laughed and quickly shook that thought away from me.

I opened up the gift with Y/N still on my mind, she was always on my mind. Fuck.

_

The sound of the Buena Vista Social Club booming through the kitchen while I kept my phone on the charger. Y/N was walking to the coffee shop to study in her own atmosphere. Again, she hated being alone when she had to study for some reason. I couldn't do that. I got distracted too easily.