- 56 -

"We're going to your parents right? For Christmas?" Y/NN asked me as we walked into her dorm building.

We had taken a walk to just get out of the house since it had been a couple weeks since we got home from Texas. When we got back it was nothing but class, focusing on grades and studying, we didn't necessarily have time to just hangout without an important purpose. Finals were in a week and it was right before Christmas so we were all stressed. From a student's point of view I wanted nothing to do with any of this and cry my life away since I hated studying. I just wanted to be rich and successful already.

"Yeah, I thought that was the plan?" I questioned her as I walked up to her elevator with a gulp, "I mean...only if you want to go-"

"No! Yeah, I definitely wanna go. I'd love to meet your parents." She tried to quickly jump to ease my worries and I smiled in relief.

"Especially your little sister cause if I say so myself I'm pretty good with kids." She smirked cutely and I chuckled as we pulled ourselves inside the metal box.

"Uh huh." I pressed her floor button and leaned against the railing as she looked me down.

Her eyes falling down my features, "Did you get the tickets already?" She asked me sweetly while her hand slid up my back comfortingly.

"Not yet, I was waiting until my check came into my account." I instantly felt safe, warm, and tired as her fingers started to tread into the beginning of my hair.

"I'll confirm them tonight." I breathed in and the doors opened shortly after.

Taking our time to get to her dorm as we made small talk about our trip to my hometown. Her eyes never leaving my being as if she was making sure I was okay. I had a long couple days with picking up shifts and studying overtime. I really didn't wanna fail or flunk at anything I did but I knew I most likely wasn't going to score as high as I thought I was. I just wanted to be finished with everything and stop feeling like a child who needs to learn everything at once.

When she opened up her apartment to me I yawned and was met with all of her roommates. I guess everyone was free today. It was a rarity that I saw all of them in one spot, together. Lauren clapped as they all stopped their conversations.

"They can go out grocery shopping!" Lauren suddenly yelled and I suddenly closed my eyes.

"What the hell did we just walk into?" I mumbled and Y/N giggled softly as her hand rested on my back again.

"No one wants to get up and you two are already up walking around-"

"PLUS! Y/N hasn't went grocery shopping in like seven months so back the hell up and go get our food." Lauren cut off Willow and the light skinned girl gave Lauren a look.

"Yeah, fine, I'll go." I heard my girlfriend take a deep breath but her smile never leaving her face.

She was always so positive and happy around me even if I wasn't at the moment. She'd do anything to keep me happy. I loved her and the effort she made just to make us as a whole happy and satisfied.

"You can go lay down-"

"No, I'll go." I gave her a small smile which caused her eyes to light up just a little.

"Alright? List! I need the list people." Y/N called out and made her way to the fridge and ripped it off the note magnet.

"Money?" She called out again and they all pointed to kitchen counter next to the sink.

"Uh huh, y'all sure didn't plan on getting up." Y/N's voice dripping with sarcasm as she rolled her eyes.

She picked up the handful of twenty dollar bills and stuffed it into her wallet. They all smiled gratefully at their roommate and started yelling again, "Thank you! We love you so much!"