38. the talk of Gods

When Reny appeared at my door this morning I almost cried. It'd be so quiet without him, just to see his figure in the doorframe was enough for me.

I just realised, I never describe him to you. He's tall with dark eyes. His smile is wide and white, it digs his cheeks and makes his ears rise slightly. He never wears expensive clothes but always looks good.

I had asked where he went, told him that nothing had changed since he was gone. I told him that I didn't want him to leave that long again.

He said he had business to deal with and left it that.

He brought donuts again but told me not eat them because they'd make me sick. I wasn't hungry but I was happy the watch him sit on the edge of my bed and eat them.

He asked what else would should add to my room. I said I'd want to paint that but it was impossible, I thanked him for what he had already.

He commented how beautiful my headscarf looked, I changed the subject. He had gotten his ear pierced in the four days of me not seeing him, a small cross hung from his left ear.

I asked him what he believed in.

He said he believed in love and life.

I asked him if he believed in a God.
I told him there was too much pain for their to be a loving God.

He replied, "There's also too much love for there not to be."