48. It's okay to stop

I don't know how things got this bad this quickly.

Reny was over in the morning. My father dropped by and my mother actually was nice to him for once, well sort of.

It seemed like a really good day. I didn't feel sick until about 2:00pm and it was around 5:24pm did it get so bad I couldn't rely to Reny anymore.

7:35pm we drove to the hospital.

I passed out at 7:55pm.

The doctors were dressed in masks and gowns. The mask covered everything up to their eyes, even then, they wore glasses.

My immune system has gotten to critical, somehow I'd caught a bug of some sorts, as well.

It was then that the doctor with watery blue pulled a chair next to my bed and told me gently and calmly, "Neena, I'm sorry but the cancer isn't reacting to the chemo. I can keep you alive with chemo for another 4 weeks or we can stop. If we stop, 2 weeks is about your estimated time. It is your choice."

They offered to discuss it with my family, maybe I would've with Reny but I knew my answer without them.

I told him that I wanted to spend my last few weeks not feeling sick but enjoying the life.

"You have the opportunity to value your life and to appreciate all your family and friends."

He was so kind and caring. No sympathy or trying to fight me to continue. He knew without words that I was okay with it.

And I am okay with it.

Peace is a nice thing to have.