56. the video

I'm back in hospital. I watched the video at 3:47AM

I cried, haven't stopped.

The video contains a series of strangers and myself, and him.

THE VIDEO

I'm smiling, laughing at something hard enough I don't know he's taking the video. He helps me take off my scarf.

'Don't. I'm ugly.' I say to him, not looking at the camera. Still smiling, the footage grainy and over exposed.

The screen goes black. His voice speaks over multiple shots of my room, "Hey Neena, it's Reny. I wish I could express to you how beautiful you are."

He grins and runs a hand through his hair, "I wish I could tell you how beautiful your voice sounds and pretty your eyes are. I know you won't believe me. I know you don't believe it yourself. But, you seem to believe what the world thinks."

Reny suddenly stops smiling and says seriously, "So, I asked the world..."

Multiple strangers, multiple people from everywhere we ever went; the park, the mall, the beach — everywhere. Black, white, tall, thin, blue hair, blonde hair, fat, thin, mute — everyone person I could think of look at him as he asks...

'Do you think that girl over there is beautiful?'

They turn to look at me who is completely unaware before replying. Here was a few.

00:57 seconds; "She's beautiful."
Blonde hair, blue eyes, short.

01:19 seconds; "I think she's stunning."
Short, African American, smiles a lot.

01:27 seconds; "Oh, she's beautiful."
Old, bright eyes, big smile, has grandchild.

01:34 seconds; "Beautiful."
Child, Hispanic, black hair.

01:43 seconds; "Yes."
English, blonde, young-ish

01:46 seconds; "Of course."
Girl, golden skin, blue hair, brown eyes.

01:54 seconds; "I can't think of anymore more beautiful."
Women, brown hair almost grey; my mom.

02:01 seconds; "The love in life, everyone know she's beautiful."
Blonde hair, blue eyes; my father.

02:34 seconds, it all stops and he turns the camera on himself,

"I told you, Neena.
You are beautiful.""

Videos of my hands, me laying on grass, me laughing. The process of me loosing my hair.

"If you don't believe me, believe the world."