Prologue

This first one is dedicated to zitana128 for her constant love and support throughout as well as constructive criticisms and also the outstanding front cover.

Thank you.

***

4 years later...

^^ Leonado Micah Kwabena Santiago

Writer's POV

"Leonado- Micah Kwabena Santiago! Torna qui ora! (Get back here now!)" A 24 year old Matéo yells running after his 4 year old son.

Why did Adeline decide to leave me with this boy?!

Matéo internationally yells.

23 year old Adeline Santiago has left her husband of 4 years to babysit their son as she goes shopping for things for the house.

As it turns out, nobody runs faster than a toddler when you ask "what's in your hand, son?"

Matéo runs  and slide tackles the floor in front of his son, blocking the boy's path and making him stop abruptly and then flop onto his padded bum.

Matéo picks up his son and unclenches his fist to reveal one of his wife's hair clips.

A hair clip?!

Is that it?

He stares at his son, who stares back and then giggles poking his daddy's lightly bearded cheeks to make him smile.

Matéo can't help but smile back at his adorable son. He can never stay angry at the boy for too long. It's his biggest weakness.

Leonado inherited Matéo's green- blue eyes and Adeline's thick black hair and adorable smile, nose and eye shape.

He kisses his son's forehead gently and then carries him back to the front room.

They sit on the couch and watch cartoons, but it seems that Leo is more interested in playing with his dad.

He crawls up his Dad's stomach and cuddles his neck.

Matéo hugs his son back, his heart melting.

"Baba" Leonado sighs tiredly.

He has had a long day of running around and making his dad run around with him, while mama was out.

Food time was the best though, because he got macaroni cheese all over his baba's hair!

He got put in the cot while baba changed but it was worth it!

Leonado is just about to fall asleep, when the door opens.

"Mummy!" Leonado squeals excitedly!