Chapter 17

Dana Harris' POV

My eyes snap open and I immediately panic.

Where am I?

I turn my neck and wince feeling a sharp pain, that is followed by a crunching noise.

But the crunch doesn't come from any of the bones in my neck.

It is another source.

I feel...

Cold.

Really cold.

I touch up a hand to my neck, feeling something wet and cold, pressed to my skin, held down by a smooth but sticky material.

I press my palm against the cold plastic.

It's an ice pack held down my some tape to keep it in place.

I sit up sharply, ignoring the pain shooting through my spine, before peeling off the ice pack from my neck and dropping on the nightstand next to me with a light 'splat'.

I look down at my clothes.

They're not even mine...

I'm wearing an oversized shirt and a pair of basketball shorts, the strings pulled and tied, semi- tightly army waist so that they don't drop.

This isn't my room.

And this isn't my bed either.

It's a boy's room...

I jump off of the bed, my bare feet, hitting the carpeted floor.

I look around on search of my clothes.

I find them on a chair, folded.

I rush over to them and check the pockets.

My phone is gone and so is my pocket knife.

Shit!

I look around and I start to walk to the closed door, when I hear a click from the other side.

I freeze as it opens.

In steps a boy, with a tray of food in his hands.

^^ Nicolás Collins

^^ Nicolás Collins.

A lot taller than me, maybe 6ft, with a head full of curly hair. I look a little closer and I see a couple of diamond studs. One for each ear.

He stares at me.

"You shouldn't be up and walking yet" he says plainly. He has a little hint of a foreign accent.

He is Hispanic.

"The fuck are you?" I ask, despite the fact that if I was to be attacked right at this moment, I would be completely defenceless, other than maybe this chair...

"My name is Nicolás, but you could call me Nic" he says, setting the food down on the nightstand and turning to face me.

"What happened?" I ask, feeling lightheaded suddenly.

"Eat first and we will discuss after" he says with a shrug.

"How do I know you haven't done anything to it?" I ask him suspiciously.

He shrugs again.

"You don't... But if I wanted you dead, I would have done it already, no?" He asks me.

I say nothing.

"Come and eat" he orders, his eyes boring into mine.

I don't move.

He rolls his eyes and starts to walk towards me.

I step forwards ready to knock his head off his shoulders, but the lack of food and whatever was in that drug, has started to take effect and I feel extremely lightheaded.

I stumble forward, when he puts his arms out quickly to catch me, before I face-plant the floor.

"Woah, careful" he says, wrapping his arms around me.

Before I can protest, he picks me off of the floor, bridal style and sets me on his bed.

I can feel all of his muscles on strain, through his clothes and I gulp a little.

He pushes the tray in front of me and hands me a fork.

"Now eat" He says.

I take the fork and stab into the food on my plate,

Shovelling it into my mouth.

"These clothes aren't mine" I say.

"Well done Watson. You may move forwards in your training." He responds sarcastically.

I roll my eyes at him and eat more food.

"Who put the on me...?" I ask and he smirks a little, scratching the back of his neck.

"Guess" he responds and I feel my face heat up as the reality hits me.

"What am I doing here?" I ask him.

"We found you, getting attacked and stopped it before you got carried home in a box or something" He says.

"We?" I ask.

Just as he is about to answer, the door opens and in steps a girl.

"Oh good, she's awake." The girl says.

She looks really familiar.
"Yeah, Zoë, for the past half an hour" Nicolás says.

Then it clicks.

It's that girl who gave me a hard time over Leonado!

"Didn't I slap you?" I ask her.

She rolls her eyes.

"Nicolás, did we have to save her?" She asks him sarcastically and my eyes widen.

"You?! Why?!" I ask her incredulously.

He chuckles.
"My idea, not hers" he states.

"Shut up, Nic" She snaps.
He shrugs.

"You are lucky that this beautiful girl is here, or I would kill you for talking to me like that little sister" he laughs and I blush again.

"We know who you are" Zoë states and I look up at her.

"I dunno what you're talking about" I shrug.

She rolls her eyes.

"I bet your boyfriend doesn't know about your little assignment to take out his father either" she shrugs.

I glare at her.

"What a foolish accusation and he isn't my boyfriend" I tell her.

"Who isn't?" She asks innocently.

I stay quiet.

She really does know.

"What do you want from me" I ask her.

She smiles.

"Good. We have come to terms with each other.

——————————————————

Hey guys!

Guess who's back?!

Did you like this one?

Don't forget to comment and vote, telling me what you think.

Much love...

~ Xo