Chapter 28

Hey guys! Should I do another face reveal?
Because I'm feeling a glow up on the way and those of you who have me on Snapchat, know that my confidence level is starting to finally shoot up.

And I changed the picture of Dana in chapter 3, because I wanted her skin to be darker like her father. It makes more sense to the plot and plus I like it.
Enjoy x
****

Dana Harris' POV.

"So what have you got for me, lil sis?" My brother, Lucas, asks, leaning back against the brick wall. 

"Well, I've met the target, Matéo" I tell him.

"And?" He asks, taking his blunt from his lips and passing it to me.

I scowl at him and decline as usual.

I don't smoke weed.

Never have and I never will.

I refuse to use it as a way out.

My brother grins a little and chuckles softly at me.

"You're still such a goodie goodie" He teases, putting the blunt between his lips again.

^^Kojo Harris

^^Kojo Harris.

I think it's safe to say that my brother is definitely my father's son.

He's a pretty boy, for sure, almost the split image of my father.

They have the same skin complexion, the same brown, near black eyes and constant smug smirk on their faces.

I still remember finding the bullet wounds in my dad's body.

The cuts all over his face that would never heal.

His broken ribs, the blood trailing at the side of his mouth, his body limp and unmoving.

**Flashback to 10 years back**

My auntie had dropped us off after we spent the day with our cousins and she opened the door with her spare key and taken us in.

She called out for my dad and got no answer.

She walked inside with us and we hear a crash from the kitchen.

She instructs my brother and I to stay and walks into the kitchen slowly.

I look at my brother and he looks just as scared as I am.

We hear a scream.

A high pitched and pain-stricken scream from our auntie.

She runs to try and stop us from seeing anything, but she is too late.

My heart sinks to the bottom of my shoes and my blood pounds in my ears, heart hammering in my chest.

This is a dream.