Epilogue

5 years later...

Writer's point of view.

"Leonardo Micah, Kwabena Santiago. Son of Matéo Eduardo Santiago and Adeline Abena Santiago..." Alejandro starts, looking proudly at his grandson.

"Do you understand what it means to be a don? The responsibility that has been placed on your shoulders? And the turbulence that you will undoubtedly face?" He asks in a loud voice, so that the spectators can all hear.

Leonardo looks into his grandfather's eyes, which shine with endearment, eyes which have seen the best and the worst.

"I understand" Leonardo responds.

Leonardo now stands at least a head taller than his grandfather.

His taut muscles ripple through his body, the intense training that he had faced in the last year being so brutal, that his body changed for the better.

He has broader shoulders and a broader chest. His arms and legs have enlarged to match his stature and his jaw is shadowed by stubble.

His back stings with the pain of a fresh tattoo that he got the night before.

A tattoo of the Phoenix crescent, a permanent and undying show of his loyalty.

It has been three days since himself, Ruben and Dana have graduated from Stanford university with flying colours.

After much deliberation, their parents decided that it would be best to make sure that they were more emotionally ready to handle the life of a mafia which the help of further education.

Dana and Ruben sit beaming in the front row, dressed immaculately along with Dana's mother, Myah, 10 year old Casey, 18 year old Jayla, 19 year old Luis, Adeline, Matéo and the rest of the Carter and Santiago family.

On Dana's lap, sits their two month old little girl, Mila, the new heir to the mafia

Alliances from all over the country and all over the world have come to view the handover of the Golden Phoenix mafia title, to the next heir.

Alejandro continues to speak.

"And do you vow to protect the members of the organisation with every fighting breath you have?" Alejandro asks.

"I vow" Leonardo responds.

Alejandro smiles wider.

"And if you are ready to take on this new responsibility, repeat after me..."

Leonardo nods.

"I Leonardo Micah Kwabena Santiago promise, to take my father's place and depend not on my own strength, but on the people I have been given."

Leonardo repeats the promise and then Alejandro turns to the crowd.

"il nuovo don è stato intitolato!" (The new don has been titled!) he announces.

The crowd goes wild, yelling and cheering with excitement.

Alejandro leans towards his grandson to be heard more clearly.

"It is time for you to make your first order as the new don" he chuckles.

Leonardo turns to the crowd and holds up a hand, his father's ring glinting in the sunlight.