Chapter 37

^^ Grab your glocks when you see Tupac!

Call the cops when you see Tupac!

Who shot me but your punks didn't finish now you bout to feel the wrath of a menace!

Nigga, I hit 'em up!

~ Tupac Shakur ❤️.

(One of my favourite Tupac songs of all time!)

^^^

Shoutout to teeniel123 who was the first comment last time! Your support is so appreciated!
                          ^^^

Dana Harris' POV

"So do you think that they are going to kill him?" Nicolás asks me, chucking a chip into his mouth.

I shrug, sipping some more of my sprite.

After the shooting range, Nic took me to the arcade, to blow off some steam.

We didn't win a single prize, but it was so much fun!

We played basketball, the claw and table hockey and loads more games, until we were so tired, we could even lift up another piece of plastic.

Not too tired for food though!

So now, we are in Burger King enjoying our food.

Nicolás sits opposite me with a lopsided paper crown on his fluffy curls and I didn't even attempt to try.

I didn't cornrow my hair last night and it was coming back to haunt me!

"I have no clue" I respond, in answer to his question.

"Do you want them to?" He asks and I look at him.

"What kinda question is that?" I ask, incredulously with a scowl on my face.

"I didn't mean to offend you..." he says quietly and I feel bad.

I sigh.

"No, I'm sorry I'm just a little tense" I respond and he nods.

"It's understandable. You're backed up into a corner and it's a sore topic. Take your time" he says and I give him a small but genuine smile.

"Thanks for this" I say and he grins widely.

"Don't mention it, Harris. You looked like you could use some cheering up" he says and I chuckle.

"Yeah? Was my face that stony?" I ask jokingly and he quirks an eyebrow.

"You screw faced anyone that walked past and I'm pretty sure even some of the instructors are scared of you" he says seriously and I stare at him, eyes wide.

"But, I didn't even... When did I- -" I start to say but he bursts out laughing.

"Harris" he says after catching his breath.

"You have got to learn to sponge a joke" he informs me and I snort.

"I can take a joke!" I protest.

"Uhhh- huh!" He says sarcastically, slurping on his Fanta twist.

"I can!" I says and he quirks his eyebrow again and I sigh, before giggling.

"Okay, maybe I'm a little uptight sometimes." I say and he chuckles at me.

"Maybe just a little bit" he grins.

I laugh.

We finish our burgers, talk some more and I seem to genuinely enjoy his company.

He makes jokes constantly and I'm pretty sure he is a natural flirt if anything else.

On the drive home, he blasts 'Tupac- Hit 'em up' from his phone, through the aux chord, claiming that it's a classic and he raps to every word like he lives it.

I laugh and rap with him, making gang signs in the air and shifting to the beat, with the windows open and complete freedom in my face.

We finally pull up to my house and he stops the car.

He walks out of his side and up to my side, opening the door for me.

"You ain't gotta- -" I start, but he cuts me off.

"Don't gimme that" he says with a broad smile.

"I'm not questioning you ability to do it, I just want to do it anyway." He shrugs.

I roll my eyes playfully.

"Thanks Nic" I sat and he nods, walking me to the door.

Once I'm there, he gives me a hug, taking me by surprise.

I hug him back and soon enough, it's over, when he pulls away, his face still close to mine, but neither of us move.

"Need a ride to school tomorrow?" He asks and I nod my head yes.

"Cool, I'll stop by in the morning, okay?" He asks and I agree.

"Thank you again" I say.

He leans forwards slightly as he is about to kiss me, and I suck in a sharp breath.

What is he doing?!

What if my breath still smells of food?!

What if I accidentally burp in his face?!

Oh God...

What if I have food stuck in my tee- -?!

"Night, beautiful" he says with a wink and before I can respond, he turns on his heel, walking off.

I chuckle to myself and walk into my house, locking the door behind me.

From a bad day to a great one...

I could use more days like that!

I walk into the living room, to see my mom curled up on the couch with Casey and I smile to myself.

I gently lift Casey up and turn off the cartoons on the tv, covering my mum up in a blanket, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"I love you" I tell her in her sleep and she continues her sleep.

I smile softly and carry Casey up to her room, before retreating to mine, brushing my teeth, getting out of my clothes and going straight to bed.

As soon as my head hits the pillow, I let out a contented sigh and I fall straight asleep.

For once.

Stress free.

———————————————
Hey all!

For those of you who don't remember Nicolás, he is Zoë's twin brother.

What do you think of him?

Until next time...

~ Xo.