Chapter 26

WARNING: This contains upsetting scenes of violence against people young and old and it contains vivid scenes of brutality, so if this ain't for you, I'm sorry in advance, but don't come for me.

Feel free to comment also.

^^^

Matéo Santiago's POV.

I wash my hands and then dry them off, before I continue to help Adeline with setting the table.

"You're so whipped!" My cousin, Riccardo teases.

He made a fly visit to discuss business on the legitimate and illegal side of things and as usual Ade caught him and invited him to eat.

"I've been married for nearly 17 years and 3 months. Yes, Riccardo, I'm whipped." I say, not even attempting to deny it anymore.

He chuckles and continues putting the plates down as I put down the cutlery and then he follows me into the kitchen.

Just as we do this, Leo and his girlfriend walk in, laughing about something.

I feel Riccardo freeze next to me.

I look at him and he looks like he's seen a ghost.

"Ric" I mutter.

He says nothing, but grabs my arm and pulls me almost violently to one side.

"Who. The fuck is that?!" He spits.

"My son's girl, Ric, what's the matter with you?" I say concerned.

"She- She looks way too familiar" he says pacing around.

"What's her name?" He asks.

I rack my brains, trying to remember what my wife said.

"Er... Dana Harris, I think it was" I respond and he starts pacing even more.

"Dana... Dana... Harris... fuck!" He yells.

"Primo, are you okay?" I ask, laying a hand on his shoulder.

He looks at me.

"Office, Matéo. Now" he says.

I walk with my cousin to my office and close the door after him.

He rubs a hand over his face.

"What is it?!" I ask more impatiently now.

"You know that job from about 10 years ago?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Specifically!" I sigh, pouring my self and Ric a drink.

"The human and drug trafficker from Chicago" he says and I sneer.

Devon. Q. Harris.

The drug trafficking was never our problem.

But the piece of shit started human trafficking several adults and most of the time little children across the world for money.

He would sometimes lure the children from schools, offering them money or little gifts to get their attention, but when they were caught off guard he'd snatch them up and they would never see their families again.

We tried to start protecting people that came to us for help, but then they started to disappear too.

So we took matters into our own hands.

Riccardo found a location on him and decided to pay him a visit.

Even if it was without my permission.