Chapter 9

That girl is a real crowd pleaser.
Small world, all her friends know me.
Young boy livin' like an old geezer.
Release the cash, watch it fall slowly.
***

This one is dedicated to to FactsDeclined and ImBooksNerdy
for being standing by me and this book from the very beginning and checking in on me always.

I appreciate you both so much more than you even know
                              ***

Dana Harris' POV

"Dana, did you hack the school system?" Leonardo asks me.

I stop walking and he looks at me expectantly.

His green- blue eyes are filled with curiosity but hidden behind his thickly framed black glasses.

"What, you thought it was a magic trick, golden boy?" I ask with a small smirk, shifting myself out of the little trance I was in.

His toffee coloured skin reddens with embarrassment at my remark and he stuffs his hands into the pockets of his oversized jacket, smiling sheepishly.

To say that I was physically attracted to this boy would be an understatement!

He is so adorable with his cute nervous smile and his huge glasses.
His curly hair pokes put from underneath his beanie and falls on his face a little.

And speaking of his face, it looks like it has most likely been carved by a higher being, his lips full and pink and his eyes wide and alert. He clearly works out, making sure that his body is clearly toned and sculpted perfectly.

And his voice....
It's so deep and masculine but soft enough to catch you of guard completely.
The way my name rolls off his lips with his adorable mixture of an accent it sounds...African, but mixed with something else.

Ugh.

But I don't need to be doing anything stupid.

I need information from him and nothing more.

If I ever fall into a relationship with him the whole game would change and I would have to dig deeper.

That would make it harder to rip the bandaid off.

"And the letter?" He asks.

How did you read it without being caught?" He asks, as we all sit inside his car.

"You ever get letters home?" I ask.

Ruben, his cousin gives me a confused look.

"What's that got to do with a school system and you reading a teacher's notes?" He asks bluntly.

"Ruben, I think she's trying to explain that" Leonardo chuckles.

Ruben rolls his eyes.

"Continue" He says.

"Well, where do those letters come from in the school?" I ask.

"Admin?" Leonardo says, still not catching on.

"With envelopes identical to that one!" Ruben exclaims putting the final piece in place.

Leonardo looks impressed.

"What about the school system?" He asks, making a turn in the road.

"Eh, the principal needed a better system anyway" I say waving my hand dismissively.