Chapter 40

For those of you who don't know, my black love book 'As black As It Gets' is out now! Please check it out and tell me what you think!
                           ^^^
Shoutout to teeniel123 and her book 'Falling for my professor'. She's upcoming and I can tell she's going to be great!
                         ***

Nicolás Collins' POV.

I wake up with my shirt off and my arms wrapped around Dana's waist protectively. 
The dull ache in my skull reminds me of what happened last night.

I drank, but not a ridiculous amount and I went to go and find Dana to see her crouched on the floor with a mostly empty bottle of Vodka next to her.

She was nearly passed out so I carried her to my car, grabbing my sister along the way.

She didn't want her mom or younger siblings to see her like that, so I took her to our house, where she threw up on my clothes and shoes.

I cleaned her up and replaced her clothes with some clean ones, before putting her to bed and soon falling asleep myself.

She refused to tell me what happened, but I have every reason to believe that the 'pretty boy' Leonardo has everything to do with it.

I might just have to talk to him myself...

Set things straight.

Dana stirs from beside me and her eyes slowly open.

"Nic?" She asks, her voice a little raspy.

I give her a lazy smile.

"Good morning" I say.

She smiles back and sits up.

"We didn't...?" she starts, but trails off.

I shake my head, a blush creeping across my cheeks.

"No, I would never take advantage of you like that" I say with a shrug and she gives me a weak smile.

"What happened last night?" She asks, wincing as she touches a hand to her forehead.

I grab the glass of water and medicine that I got ready last night and take some, swinging back the water and then passing it to her.

She does the same and leans back on the headboard.

"Do you remember anything that happened last night?" I ask.

Her eyes glaze over and then her face falls before going neutral.

"Bits and pieces" she responds with a sigh.

"You wanna talk about it?" I ask.

She shakes her head no and I put an arm around her.

"Do I have to go to school today?" She asks, snuggling into my chest.

"School is important..." I say and she stays silent.

"Please?" She asks, looking up at me and making puppy eyes.

I cave in almost immediately.

"Fine!" I say.

She squeals excitedly and she wraps me in a hug.

She lets go of me, going to do her morning routine, taking some clothes that she left in my sister's room.

I go and freshen up also, then I head down the stairs to see Dana and a tired looking Zoë talking in a hushed tone with my mom.

As soon as they see me, they stop talking and Zoë ad well as my mom start giggling.

Dana glares at them both and doesn't meet my eyes.

"What are you ladies chirping about?" I ask, with a small smile, sitting down at the breakfast table.

"Nothing!" Dana exclaims, sweeping past me and putting a plate piled with food there.

She sits in-between Zoë and my mom with her own food and avoids eye contact.

"Hm..." I respond, not pushing it.

I have an idea of what they are talking about and I will probably tease her about it later.

I eat my food and then help to clean up, before Dana and I go back up to my room.

She jumps onto my bed and causing the pillows to fly upwards and one of them flies up so hard that it hits the ceiling and ricochets off it, flying back down and hitting her in the face.

I burst out laughing and she scowls at me deeply.

Before I can catch my breath again, she grabs me by the shirt and pulls me into the bed, straddling me and tickling me!

As ashamed as I am to admit, I am extremely ticklish.

There is no way I can hold in my laughter when I'm being tickled and it is definitely my weakness.

I start ugly laughing and I try to block her hands, to little success.

But then I remember.

Hell, I'm stronger than her!

I flip her over and return the favour, making her squeal.

She smacks my arms, in a vain attempt to stop me.

She laughs and laughs till tears stream down her face and she surrenders.

I lay next to her breathless with laughter and she turns to me, laying on her side.

"I need to go and see them" she says.

"Who?" I ask, curiously.

"The Santiagos" She says with a sigh.

I'm about to protest and then she cuts in.

"I'm going" she says.

"I need to fix this mess once and for all, so that I can live my life" she says.

"I'm going to do it with or without you" She says, turning away, but not before I catch tears in her eyes.

I pull her into a hug.

"I'll take you" I tell her.

———————————————
Hey!

I'm sorry this one is short, but the next one will be better, I promise!

Tell me how you think it will go in the comments.

~ Xo.