Chapter 13

^^ Skip the first 40 seconds 😂😂

Leonardo Santiago's POV.

I run down the stairs and then skid into the kitchen.

Why the rush? One may ask.

Well for some reason, Ruben doesn't want to walk here, so I have to pick him from uncle Elijah's house.

Well not 'uncle' but...

Whatever.

And also!

Dana wanted a ride to school today but wouldn't meet me at her house, but the nearest bus stop.

Why is everyone being so secretive today?

I walk into the kitchen to see that my dad has cornered my mom into the counter and he looks pissed.

"Amore, you're testing my patience!" He growls, holding out his hand, his accent thick.

"If you want it, then you'll come get it" she teases looking up at him and biting her lip. He sighs and then smirks a little and bends a little so he can tell her something in her ear.

I don't hear it, but it causes her mouth to drop open and he pulls away, with an even deeper smirk on his face.

She takes her hand from behind her back and hands him his keys.

"Thank you baby" He responds, giving her a peck.

She pouts.

"You're luck I'm pregnant, or I would have whooped your ass" she mutters, before smacking his butt and causing him to jump.

He chuckles and continues pouring his coffee, when I walk in.

"Mornin', son, tell your momma, to stop bullying me, I gotta get to work!" He says, his voice going a little high pitched at the end, when my mom jumps onto his back and he grabs her thighs to support her.

I grab my food out of the microwave and sit down to eat.
"How does someone so short..." my dad starts, but he is cut off by my mom slapping a hand over his mouth.

"Nigga, you came outta me, therefore you are on my side!" She yells, one arm. Clinging to my dad's chest so she doesn't fall and using the other to point at me.

I raise my hands in surrender.

"Can't help you dad" I tell him, continuing with my food.

I look up as my mom squeals and I realise that my dad is running around the kitchen!

They are such little children sometimes!

I chuckle and finish off the rest of my food.

I wash my plate and then put it away.

"Ma, I'm going, I say, scooping up my keys from the table and pocketing them.

I give my dad a hug and I lean down to give my mom a kiss on her cheek, before I leave the house.
Luis also told me that he wouldn't need a lift today because he got his car back.

Now that leaves Ruben.

We all got in trouble and our parents decided to be 'original' and give us all the same punishment and take away our car privilege as well as being grounded.

My dad also got 'grounded' for knowing about the whole thing and not getting upset with us.

I got let off early because I was well behaved, but the other two kept on messing around.