Chapter 38

Shoutout to _woahitzznatalie_ who was the first comment in the last chapter.
You and your support are appreciated😝❤️.
                          ^^^

Leonardo Santiago's POV.

For the few weeks, Dana has been ignoring me completely.

My texts, calls, social media attempts, everything!

So I do what I normally do in these situations.

I ignore her the hell back!

I continue with my life as if I have never seen her before and I focus on my work.

Ruben and Luis talk as little as possible about the situation and they do their best to distract me from even looking at her.

I could never ask for a better set of brothers.

"So are you going to the party tonight?" Ruben asks, cutting through my thoughts.

I nod, stabbing my plastic fork into my pasta.

"Sure, bro. We can go together" I say and he fist pumps the air.

"Yes! I'm on wingman duty!" He exclaims, making a few people turn to us.

I chuckle.

"No need" I say to him.

He gives me a 'really nigga?' Look.

"You didn't even see that fine ass girl flirting with your ass this morning" he tells me.

I shrug.

"Oh, I knew... I just don't usually go for... her type" I say with a shrug.

It's a stupid excuse, but an excuse nonetheless.

"Her type?" Ruben asks, reddening slightly.

Sometimes I forget that Ruben has his 'social justice warrior' moments.

Very frequently.

"Er, yeah" I say nervously.

"What's her type, Leonardo?" He asks.

"She's a little... lacking in a certain department" I say trying to skirt around the topic.

"You mean, she's white" Ruben says, raising a brow, and Luis stops eating to look at me.

I sigh and roll my eyes at him.

"Yeah, bro. Because that's the only reason" I say sarcastically.

But he is right.

Unlike a lot of boys my age... and race, I prefer dark skinned women above all other races definitely.

From the way they talk, to their confident laughs and everything about them.

"Bro, normally, I would kick you in the balls for objectifying women" he says and I glare at him.

"But you're clearly in a state of denial, so I'm going to help you out." He says and I dismiss him with a wave of my hand and continue eating.

Do I need help?

"Are you going, Luis?" Ruben asks.

Luis shakes his head and a grin takes over his face.

"Me and my girl are going bowling, then the arcade" he says happily.

I nearly scowl about him calling my sister his girl, even if it's the truth.

But then I remember how supportive he has been of me in the past couple of months.

Ruben grins.

"Have fun man. And look after her, or imma cut your dick off" he says still smiling.

Luis' mouth drops open.

"Y- Yeah bro... I mean- of course I will" he says.

Ruben gives him a good natured clap on the back.

We continue eating and I can't help but notice Dana's absence.

I normally see her hanging out with Zoë and some of Zoë's friends, but today, she's not there.

I try to shrug it off, and forget that I love the girl, but I can't help but be a little worried.

I wonder how she is?

So much for ignoring her existence.

As if on cue, she walks into the canteen with someone.

A boy.

My heart drops to my chest.

Is that Nicolás?!

That boy doesn't even show up to school on time or at all, most of the time.

I wonder why he's here? With her?

They both walk up to Zoë's table and take a seat and start talking.

After a while, Nicolás stands up and says something to Dana.

She nods and stands up, reaching up to hug him.

His arms circle her waist and his hands move dangerously close to her butt.

I gulp, feeling my heart plummet deeper.

He must feel someone looking, because his eyes meet mine and a smug smirk makes its way to his face.

He winks and pulls away from her first, turning his attention back to her and saying something to make her smile and blush a little, before walking off.

She sits back at the table, not even glancing my way for a second.

I huff out a breath and turn back to Ruben.

"Bro, I've changed my mind" I say.

"About?" He asks.

"You're on wingman duty" I say and he grins.

"Sorted" he says, shaking my hand clicking fingers with me.

We spend the rest of the lunch break talking about the party and how good it's going to be.

I'm definitely going to need a distraction, and this party is perfect!

———————————————-
Question of the day: What do you guys think about black men that say they will exclusively not date black women?

My answer: In my opinion, I don't care if people have a type or whatever.
Black women are too important to be needing anyone to make us feel special.

But hell will freeze over before I allow any man to bash a black woman to make his woman of a different race feel better.

It's the facts.

Tell me what you all think.

Until next time...

~ Xo.