Chapter 23

Leonado Santiago's POV.

I wake up and stretch out, thanking God for waking me up as usual.

I walk into my bathroom and brush my teeth, before taking a shower, scrubbing down.

Tonight is my 'date' with Dana, and I am clueless.

I don't know what I'm going to wear, I don't know what I'm going to say and I don't even know wether to get her chocolate or flowers.

Do people even do that anymore?

I start to remember the only people to consult in these situations.

My parents.

I quickly get dressed and run down the stairs.

Whoever said that the 'honeymoon phase' only lasts a year was lying.

My parents have been trapped in that phase for the past 17 years! 

And to prove my point, I walk into the kitchen to see my dad annoying my mom with affectionate kisses, his arms around her waist and stomach as she fends him off with a spatula.

Jayla, sits at the table, but hardly notices, her eyes glued to the phone and a little love struck puppy look on her face, from Luis no doubt.

"Amore, one more kiss and I'll leave you alone" my dad pouts.

"Matty, you said that five kisses ago" my mom giggles.

"That does not count!" He argues.

"I want a proper one!" He protests.

She laughs, and I walk in and sit down.

"Morning, baby" She says, reaching out and ruffling my hair, and putting a plate in front of me.

I smile.

"Morning momma" I respond, kissing her palm, before it leaves my face.

"Mornin' son, could you tell your momma to gimme a kiss before I step out?" He sighs and I chuckle.

"Matéo, leave my children out of this!" My mom exclaims.

"They don't need to know"

"How'd they think they got here?" My dad laughs, earning him an elbow to the ribs, which he hardly registers.

Jayla gets up.

"Where'd you think you're going?" I ask.

"Luis is here to pick me up" she says.

"But it's my day to take you to school" I say, my face dropping.

She gives me a small hug.

"Maybe next time, bye Leo" she says, walking off.

I turn back to my food and continue eating, feeling a little hurt.

Me and Luis May just have to set some boundaries in terms of my little sister...

"Mom, dad I got a question" I say.

They turn to me.

"Shoot" my dad says, pulling away from my mom and fixing his tie, then packing his briefcase.

"I need help with my date" I tell them.

My mom drops the spatula, then picks it up again and throws it at my head.

I dodge it just in time.

"Ma!" I say shocked.

"So why didn't you tell me there was a girl, in our last conversation?!" She yells, reaching for another object.