03 | confusion

[I like to picture Ankit as Param Singh Bhatia (Randhir from Sadda Haq) who in my opinion is an absolute hottie. Picture is attached below. But feel free to imagine him as whoever you want.]

03 | confusion

03 | confusion

THE FIRST TIME Shivaay had been called by the doctor was when he was about to attend a meeting in New Delhi. He had obviously cut the call but when the doctor had messaged him that it was about Anika, he had found himself calling the doctor and after hearing what the doctor had to say, he had called off the meeting. His secretary had told him it would mean a big loss but Shivaay couldn’t care less.

There was nothing more important than Anika.

So Shivaay had flown back to Mumbai as soon as he could and the moment he knew Anika was in ward number 12, he had ran towards the ward, not caring when his body slammed into somebody else’s. He had pushed the door open and had seen her sitting with bandages all around her. He had just began how fucking happy he was to see her but she had cut him off by asking who he was.

And now here he was, staring blankly at her. “What…?” he spluttered because whatever Shivaay Singh Oberoi had been expecting it wasn’t this.

“I just asked who are you?” She questioned again with a frightened look on her face. Unlike the Anika he knew, this Anika was scared to see him. She was ghostly white. She was so thin and looked like a broken doll. The long hair he had once loved was now trimmed unevenly to her shoulders. “Um… ?” the said woman trailed off and Shivaay stared at her. Slowly, he took steps back and when Rudra was about to enter the room, he pushed Rudra outside and shut the door behind him.

What the bloody hell just happened?

Rudra seemed to read his thoughts, “Bhaiya, what the actual fudge?” He asked as Shivaay leaned against the door. Shivaay dragged his hand through his hair in frustration. Rudra was asking him like he knew anything. He was just confused as Rudra was.

“We need to see the doctor is what we need to do, Rudy,” Shivaay mumbled and straightened up, walking towards Doctor Sharma’s cabin with Rudra following him. He didn’t even bother to knock at the door as he walked right in. Manners could wait, Anika couldn’t. “Doctor Sharma.” He nodded in greeting at the man who was in his early thirties.

“Mr. Oberoi.” The man greeted right back. “I am sorry for what’s happening. It must be really a lot to take in. It’s a lot for the staff members and I can’t even fathom what you must be going through.”

Even though Doctor Sharma didn’t mean for it to come off as a snide remark, to Shivaay it did. “Of course, you can’t.” He sat down in the chair opposite to the doctor and Rudra followed the suit, still looking extremely confused as to what was happening around him.

“Mr. Oberoi, I didn’t mean to sound rude. I actually care about Anika like–” The man was cut off by a pissed off Shivaay who wasn’t in the mood to hear anymore of the fake concern that people liked to show off. He had been receiving enough of that in the past few months.

“Look, I don’t care if you genuinely care about Anika or not, all I want to know is why is she asking me who I am,” Shivaay stated clearly, placing his hands on the table and propping his chin on it. From his peripheral vision, he could see Rudra’s jaw hanging open. He clenched his jaw and confused on the doctor in front of him who looked as confused as Rudra did.

“She isn’t recognizing you?” The doctor asked stupidly. If Shivaay had said that Anika had asked him who he was then obviously she wasn’t recognizing him.

“Duh.” Shivaay shot the man a flat look. He didn’t like Doctor Sharma at all. The man and Shivaay weren’t on the best terms. An year ago, he had got into a fight with the man since Shivaay thought he was trying to seduce Anika which didn’t sit well with Shivaay. “Rudra, remind me to talk to the trustee to remove doctor Sharma from Anika’s case.” He looked fixedly at the man in question who scowled at him.

“I was not aware she is not recognizing you, Mr. Oberoi because when Mr. Malhotra had met her, she seemed fine,” The man said snobbishly. Just then Ankit entered inside–he too didn’t bother with knocking on the door–and ambled over the three man. Shivaay turned to look at his best friend, Ankit, with a frown.

“Ankit, Anika recognised you?” Shivaay questioned who nodded. He felt his heart clench.

“Yeah, she seemed fine,” Ankit responded.

“But why–” Shivaay was about to voice his thoughts when doctor Sharma decided to cut him off by waving his hands and getting up.

“Let’s directly talk to the concerned woman rather than wasting time.” He shot a look towards Shivaay who glowered at him but got up nonetheless. As Rudra and Doctor Sharma walked out of the room, Shivaay was about to the same when Ankit’s voice made him stop short.

“Hey man.” Ankit put a hand around his shoulder. “I know I haven’t been a good friend to you in the time when you needed me to be one and I am sorry but I won’t let it happen again. I care a lot about you and her, you know that, right?”

Things hadn’t been the best between the two but it was in that moment they both promised each other silently to work on their friendship when Shivaay nodded. Ankit smiled at his best friend and the two quickly hurried to Anika’s ward.

“So, Anika, what’s your name?” the doctor asked.

“Uh, you just said my name so why ask when you already know it?” Anika asked timidly. Trust this woman to make a remark even when she is being interrogated by a doctor. Shivaay couldn’t help but smirk at the comment. Plus, Sharma’s frown was too amusing to not smirk.

“I meant your last name.”

“Anika Maheshwari.”

Two words and Shivaay was left dumbfounded.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

A / N

I know you guys must be really confused about what is happening but please do not make that give up on this story. I am putting a lot of efforts in this (despite my studies). I assure you, you will understand what is happening in a 2-3 chapters.

If you like it even a bit, please click on the vote button. Thank you x.