24 | fucked up

A / N

And here you shall witness Kriti Gupta's failed attempt at writing a hot scene.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

24 | fucked up

ANIKA CAME BACK to her room and saw Shivaay staring that wall in front of him blankly. She approached him slowly and sat down beside him on the couch. “Shivaay?” she questioned softly. He didn't respond. “Shivaay?” she probed again. She was hesitant to keep her hand on his shoulder but then after gathering some courage, she placed it on his shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze.

He seemed to snap out of it and jerked away at her touch. “Woah, you scared me,” he breathed, clutching his heart.

“What's wrong?” she asked softly.

“Nothing,” he got up, ready to leave but Anika clasped her fingers around his wrist.

“What did I do wrong Shivaay?” she finally asked, no longer able to control the urge to ask it. Tears filled up her eyes. “Tell me, Shivaay.”

“It's nothing, Anika.” She flinched at that and he didn't even look in her direction even though Anika knew he was aware how her fingers tensed around his wrist.

“Please Shivaay, tell me what's bothering you–” Anika had barely finished her sentence when Shivaay wrenched his hand out of her grasp and spun on his heel, facing her. His eyes were ablaze with anger.

“What's wrong is that you, Anika Maheshwari, decided to take Ankit with you to therapy and didn't even bother asking your own damn husband. I came home, hoping we could sort out whatever it was that was going on between us rather than tiptoeing around it but I find out my wife is with my best friend and she didn't fucking bother to tell me? Do you know how worried I was? I literally felt someone rip my heart away when I didn't find you home and nobody knew where you were.” He lashed out, his words bitter and harsh with a truthfulness Anika couldn't deny. She flinched at his words, every word like a fucking needle being pricked into her skin.

“I am sorry, Shivaay,” and that was all she could say, repeat it over and over again even as he left.

In the end, it wasn't just her heart that broke. She broke his and he broke hers.

Shivaay ran a hand through his hair and he tugged at it, waiting for Ankit to show up. He drummed his fingers on the steering wheel and that was when Ankit showed up. He got in the shotgun and faced Shivaay with an impassive expression.

“So, what happened?” he questioned.

“Look, I have no idea how to phrase this,” he ran his fingers through his hair again, messing then up. He let out a shaky breath and cursed under his breath, “fuck, how do I even say it.” He averted his eyes away and then said. “Can you move out? For a while? Just till I sort out whatever is going on with Anika and I. I am so sorry for doing this to you Ankit but it's just temporary.” He saw Ankit stiffen from his peripheral vision and he could see hurt across his face. Shivaay didn't even know what he was doing at this point, he was desperate, doing a anything to make everything better and fix things.

“Fine, it's you house anyway. You can ask me to leave any time.” He shrugged and Shivaay could conceal his hurt and before Shivaay could change his mind, he was out of the car, slamming the car door on Shivaay's face.