23 | fears

A / N

This chapter was difficult to write, like really. And I have no idea about the outcome.

Dedicating this to ImLilMissComplicated for being a rereader :)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

23 | fears

HE HAD BEEN hoping to sort things out with Anika. They could've talked and be back to normal but all those went out of the window when he entered the house. It was quiet. But when his eyes fell upon the people on the couch, his body went cold. He was stiff all of a sudden when he noticed that his wife was asleep in his best friend's arms. Normally it wasn't something that it would have bothered him. He usually came home and often spotted his brothers, Anika and Gauri sleeping in positions like that. But when his emotions were all over the place and he was doubting himself? Not so much.

“Ankit.” The name rolled off his tongue quietly. “I'll take her to bedroom.” Ankit's head snapped up and he seemed to go rigid when he saw Shivaay. His eyes widened and he hurried to explain himself but Shivaay held up a hand to stop him. “Not now. It can wait.”

Ankit pressed his lips together in a thin line and carefully unwrapped his arms from Anika. He wordlessly got up and left.

Shivaay moved towards Anika and picked her up in his arms. He strolled to their room and laid her down on the bed. He carefully tucked her in and brushed away the hair that fell in her eye. After tucking her in the bed, he sat down on the couch, kicked off his shoes and stretched after loosening his tie.

But when he closed his eyes all he could see was her and Ankit. What if what Naina had said was true? Maybe she didn't want to be with him anymore. Maybe he wasn't her idea of forever. It could very well be true because Anika had changed, a lot. Maybe her one true love had changed too.

Ankit was good looking, caring and sweet. He understood Anika's problems at a greater level. Maybe he was the one meant to help her, not Shivaay.

And those thoughts scared Shivaay. He had already lost Anika once but that wasn't because of Anika's will. And now to think she could leave him on his own will, he was frightened. It would be a stab in his heart and then to see her with his best friend? Like twisting the knife that had been thrust into his chest.

He breathed out heavily, pinching the bridge of his nose and feeling that his cheat suddenly weighed more.

Shivaay was slowly drowning and he knew only person could help at moments like this. So he grabbed his car keys and drove back exactly from where he came.

Shivaay knocked twice on Om's cabin. He waited for him to respond. When he didn't, “I am comin’ in, Om.” He opened the door and was met with the sight of Gauri who had her arms around Om. And his bother, he was busy kissing Gauri's neck. Not a sight he wanted to witness. His nose scrunched up in distaste and he covered his eyes. Shivaay could handle people making out but when it was his brother and sister-in-law, it was purely gross. He coughed to gain their attention but the two were busy in their own little world. “Hello, love birds, back to earth,” He hollered and he knew he gained their attention when there was scraping noise of chair. He removed his eyes and despite the fact he was not in a good mood, a smirk crawled upon his face when he saw Gauri desperately trying to fix her hair.

“Uh, I, I'll be, uh, going now. Should, um, head back home.” She bit her lip, stood a little on her tiptoes and pecked Omkara's cheek. She scurried and past Shivaay but Shivaay wasn't letting it go easily.