14 | believe

A/N

This chapter is a complete utter waste but I am posting it ‘cause it will force me to keep writing or else I would go through a very severe writers block.

So please bare with your shitty author...

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

14 | believe

SHE CRADLED HER head between her hands, feeling miserable. She had tiptoed out of the room, unable to sleep. She looked at the picture of her dad as she sat on the couch.

She had become so pitiful, worthless that her father didn't even want to see her face. He was avoiding her. Once upon a time, she was his baby girl and back then, he would have taken the first flight to see her but now it had been ten days since her family found out and there was barely even a call. He didn't even send a text to see how she was doing. It was her fault. She should have been stronger.

She didn't even realize that she had begun crying until she licked her lips and felt a salty liquid graze her tongue.

“I miss you, dad… your daughter misses you so much. Please come back…” Anika’s voice broke and she brought her knees to her chest, hugging them as her body shook violently with silent sobs.

She didn't hear the footsteps but when she heard a “darling?”, she looked up to find a sleepy yet concerned looking Ankit. She wiped her tears frantically but they didn't stop and she let out an inhuman sound, pressing her fist over her mouth to muffle it.

“Oh, you poor thing,” Ankit whispered and he sat down beside her, pulling her to his side. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and ran a comforting hand down her arm, “shh, darling.” And he repeated the soothing words over and over again even though he knew Anika wasn't believing a single word he said.

“He hates me.” Anika hiccuped, staring down at the picture of her father through her bloodshot eyes. Ankit was quiet for a few moments.

“No, he doesn't. No matter where he is, he will never stop loving you. You are his daughter and trust me, his love for you will never fade away,” he whispered and his fingers unconsciously ran over the scar on her hand. She flinched but Ankit didn't notice

“Even though I'm this horrible person?” she asked quietly, relishing the warmth and security his body provided.

Ankit pulled back and he held her chin up, making her look into his perfect amber eyes, “You aren't horrible. You are the most amazing, beautiful and gorgeous human I have ever met. And darling, I know feel you don't deserve it but you deserve the world and so much more.”

Anika stared at him for a few moments and then abruptly got up, running off to her room and leaving behind a frowning Ankit.

As she ran away, he stared at the tattoo on the side of his wrist. “I refuse to sink” was inked in his skin and Ankit took a deep breath, reminding himself he was worth it.

Ankit’s word hit too hard home. He somehow worded everything she felt and she wasn't sure how she felt about that. Shoving all the thoughts away into the back of her mind, Anika laid down on the back and turned to her side. The noise seemed to wake up Shivaay as he lifted his head up, cracked an eye open and asked “Alright there, love?”

Anika nodded but then realizes he probably couldn't see her in the dim light, “Alright, Shivaay,” she whispered and he smiled, falling back onto the pillow that was placed on the couch.